Heavy Equipment Operator Trade Schools in Orlando, Florida
Research heavy equipment operator programs in Orlando, which currently has one school offering training in the field. To discover if it's the right one for you, read an overview of admission policies and program requirements at the college, which is located just a little over five miles from downtown.
Orlando Heavy Equipment Operator Training
Heavy equipment operator training isn't plentiful in the Orlando area, but there is an option available that's just a 10-minute drive from the center of the city. Learn about the curriculum and hands-on experiences available at the school. There's also a table of facts and figures to provide additional details about the institution.
- Known as one of the most technically advanced education centers in the state of Florida, Mid Florida Tech is the only institution in the Orlando area that provides training for heavy equipment operators. This apprenticeship program allows students to earn occupational completion points, which are established by the Florida Department of Education and linked to specific job titles. The campus is roughly six miles from Orlando's downtown.
Mid Florida Tech
Students interested in this heavy equipment operation apprenticeship program must have a current Florida driver's license, submit 2 letters of recommendation and have the ability to physically perform the tasks required to do the job. Applicants must also be at least 18 years of age and provide a birth certificate and Social Security card.
Heavy Equipment Operation Apprenticeship
This 4-year apprenticeship program is designed to train students to operate tractors, bulldozers, forklifts, cranes and off-road equipment, such as motor graders and backhoes. The program can also teach students communication, leadership and entrepreneurial skills. The curriculum covers safe and efficient work practices and heavy equipment maintenance, and students are exposed to a combination of classroom training and on-the-job experience. Students who complete the apprenticeship program advance to journeymen status.
Find out more about the profiled school by reviewing the table below. It provides info on financial aid stats, acceptance rates, retention figures and more to help you make an informed education decision.
|Mid Florida Tech|
|School Type||2-year; public|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||2,011*|
|Campus Setting||Large suburb|
|% of First-Year Students Receiving Any Form of Financial Aid (2010-2011)||67%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2011)||N/A - open admissions*|
|Retention Rate (2011)||84% of full-time students*|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (2011)||46%*|
Source: *National Center for Education Statistics.
Related to Heavy Equipment Operator Trade Schools Orlando Florida
- Recently Updated
Aspiring heavy equipment operators often learn their trade through an apprenticeship. These apprenticeships are available...
Heavy equipment operators use machines when working on construction and transportation projects. Operators typically need to...
Research the requirements to become a heavy equipment operator. Learn about the job description and duties and read the...
A production operator uses equipment to assist with manufacturing, packaging, and other steps along a production line. While...
- Heavy Construction Equipment Operator Certification and Training Info
- Become a Tractor Operator: Education and Career Roadmap
- Bulldozer Operator: Job Outlook & Career Info
- Top Culinary School in Philadelphia for Becoming a Pastry Chef
- Music Editor: Career Information and Requirements
- IT Engineer: Job Description and Education Overview
- Electrical Contractor: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - O
- P - W
- Nearby States