Heavy Equipment Training in Indiana with Program Descriptions
Research heavy equipment training programs in Indiana, which currently has one school offering programs. Read an overview of degree programs, tuition info and program options for this school and decide which program is right for you.
There is only one school in Indiana that provides heavy equipment training. This public 4-year university offers students the choice of two associate's degree programs. One of these programs provides students with the background for careers in the mining industry, and the other program prepares them for employment as diesel technicians who maintain and repair different types of heavy equipment and diesel trucks. A cooperative experience is included in the curriculum.
Vincennes University offers an 80-hour Associate of Science in Diesel Technology that is geared toward the maintenance and repair of diesel trucks and heavy equipment. Students in this program can choose a John Deere agricultural technology or a John Deere consumer and commercial equipment concentration. Students in both programs learn how to service and repair diesel engines, tractors and other types of equipment. A cooperative work experience is required for each concentration. Vincennes University also provides a 74-hour Associate of Science in Mining Technology with a curriculum that teaches mining practices, mining health and safety, mining law and regulations, operations management and mine environment. This program prepares students for management positions in the mining industry.
School Information Table
|School Name||School Type and Setting||Degrees Offered||Tuition and Fees (2012-2013)|
|Vincennes University||4-year, public; remote town||Associate of Science in Diesel Technology, |
Associate of Science in Mining Technology
|$4,882 in-state; $11,542 out-of-state*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator.
Related to Heavy Equipment Training Indiana
- Recently Updated
Heavy equipment operators require little formal education. Learn about the training and course topics as well as employment...
Heavy equipment repair technicians and mechanics are responsible for cleaning, repairing and installing equipment on large...
Heavy duty equipment and machinery operators utilize and maintain large vehicles, bulldozers, backhoes and dump trucks in such...
Aspiring heavy equipment operators often learn their trade through an apprenticeship. These apprenticeships are available...
- Schools for Aspiring Heavy Equipment Mechanics
- How to Become a Heavy Equipment Technician: Career Guide
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic: Training and Career Information
- Worker's Compensation Lawyer: Job Duties and Requirements
- Top School for Business Degree Programs - Columbus, OH
- Top Computer Information Technology School - Tallahassee, FL
- Career Info for a Social Services or Public Administration Degree
- Heavy Equipment Operator: Educational Requirements
- Heavy Equipment Operator: How Do I Become a Heavy Equipment Operator?
- Certified Quality Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Top School in Pittsburgh for Criminal Justice & Law Enforcement
- Best School for a Degree in Criminal Justice - Arlington, VA
Perfect School Search
- A - H
- I - N
- N - W
- Nearby States