Home Health Aide Classes in Orlando, FL with Course Descriptions
The Orlando, FL, area has a couple of schools offering home health aide training within 25 miles of the city's center. Learn about their admission and program requirements to make an informed education decision.
Orlando Home Health Aide Schools
Students hoping to enter the home health field have training options available within half an hour's drive of downtown Orlando. Read about the curriculum topics and required coursework at the two institutions listed below. There's also a table of statistics and other details about each school to aid you in your research.
- Seminole State College offers a home health aide certificate program about 18 miles from central Orlando, FL. The program is designed for certified nurse assistants, and it prepares students to work as home health aides at clients' homes or for home health care agencies.
- The Technical Education Center - Osceola, a 2-year college focusing on adult education, has a shorter training program that takes students 75 hours to complete. In this program, students learn a wide variety of skills in home health care, including CPR and first aid. The campus is located roughly 23 miles from Orlando's downtown area.
Seminole State College
Seminole State College offers associate and bachelor's degree programs, certificate programs, and continuing and adult education courses. The college also has an advanced home health aide course for certified nurse assistants.
Advanced Home Health Aide Vocational Certificate
This vocational certificate program is designed for certified nursing assistants who want to work in the field of home health care. In this 215-hour course, students learn how to care for clients in their homes and work for home health agencies. Course topics include managing a household and preparing food, as well as helping patients with everyday activities and personal care. Ethical and legal issues are also covered in class. Students need to complete the TABE (Tests of Adult Basic Education) prior to enrollment.
Technical Education Center - Osceola
The Technical Education Center - Osceola provides certificate programs that help students obtain entry-level jobs, including those who want to become home health aides.
Home Health Aide Program
In this program, students learn to care for patients, including the elderly or disabled, in their homes. The 75-hour course offers instruction for students in ethical and legal issues, first aid and CPR, safety, and nutrition. Other topics include communication, wellness, and disease. Students must hold nurse assistant certification and pass the TABE before enrolling in the program.
Comparison of Schools
Get a side-by-side comparison of the profiled schools' costs, campus settings, enrollment numbers and more in the following table. Its facts and figures might assist you in deciding which college best fits your academic needs.
|Seminole State College||Technical Education Center - Osceola|
|School Type||4-year; public||2-year; public|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||18,514*||672*|
|Campus Setting||Small city||Midsize suburb|
|Tuition and Fees (2011-2012)||$3,131 in-state; $11,456 out-of-state*||$280**|
|% of Students Receiving Some Form of Financial Aid (2011)||86%*||50%*|
|Acceptance Rate (2011)||N/A - Open admissions||N/A - Open admissions|
|Retention Rate (2011)||N/A||65% for full-time students*|
|Graduation Rate (2011)||32%*||70%*|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **Technical Education Center - Osceola
Related to Home Health Aide Classes in Orlando
- Recently Updated
See our list of the top free online courses for home health aides. Learn what courses are available, what topics they cover and...
Home health aides provide long-term care in a patient's home. In order to practice, one must complete a state-approved home...
Home health aide workers offer in-home care to patients who don't require the full services offered by a hospital or extended...
Home health aides go to a patient's home, or work in a residential facility, to deliver health care to the elderly, ill, or...
- Online Home Health Aide Certification Information
- Home Health Care Aide Training and Education Program Overviews
- Home Health Aide: Starting a Career in Home Health Care
- Distribution Management Degree and Training Program Information
- Bachelor's Degree in Laboratory Science: Program Information
- Terrorism & Counterterrorism Studies Bachelor's Degree Info
- Office Systems Technology Degree Programs
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - O
- O - W
- Nearby States