Home Remodeling Courses and Classes Overview
Home remodeling courses are available through programs in home remodeling and repair, construction technology and carpentry technology. Students gain experience making basic home repairs, including putting in drywall, installing electricity and carpet and making decisions about ways to make a more green home.
Home Remodeling Courses Overview
Basic Home Remodeling
Basic home remodeling courses are usually offered as hands-on workshops for individuals who would like to remodel their own homes. Topics include a general overview of home remodeling hardware and tools, safety and emergency issues and common household repairs. Instructors cover the basics of carpentry, drywall, paint, electricity and plumbing. Some courses include lessons on budgets for home remodeling.
Basic carpentry classes are home remodeling courses that focus on how to identify and use basic carpentry tools such as hammers, screwdrivers and hand-held saws. Lessons also explore the advantages and disadvantages of various fastening methods, including screws, nuts and bolts, nails, adhesives and staples. Students enrolled in these home remodeling courses examine various types of woods and building materials and learn the benefits of using each kind of material in home remodeling projects.
Power Tool Basics
Students learn how to efficiently and safely operate the most common power tools, including circular saws, power drills and nail guns. Instructors lead workshops on how to cut boards, drive nails, drill holes and drive screws into drywall, wood and brick. Lectures also cover ways to identify and select the proper screwdriver and drill bits, how to select a circular saw blade and how to identify the parts and functions of a various power tools.
Green Home Remodeling
In this home remodeling course, students learn about the ways in which they can save energy and improve indoor air in their home. Students practice replacing doors and windows. They also learn about different types of insulation and methods for insulating a room. Methods for heating and cooling the home and green ways for supplying and heating water are also discussed in class.
Related to Home Remodeling Courses
- Recently Updated
Paths into the home remodeling and repair trades involve extensive work experience through avenues such as formal...
Research home remodeling and repair diploma programs. This article gives an overview of the different types of online diploma...
Learn how to become a home-remodeling estimator. Research the education requirements, training information and experience...
Architectural draftsmen work with architects and engineers to prepare structural plans for building construction or remodeling...
- Setting Students Up for Success with Free Courses
- How to Guide Students Through Free Courses
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Job Description of a Screw Machine Operator
- Art Appraisal Training and Career Information
- International Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Associate of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD): Degree Overview
- Free Courses with the Best User Experience: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- The Most Open Free Courses: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Medical Laboratory Technician Certificate: Program Overview
- Neurologist: Job Requirements and Description
- Online Bachelors in Biomedical Technology: Degree Program Info