Homeopathic Career Education Programs and Training Information
Many prospective homeopaths attend private schools offering homeopathic medicine or homeopathic practitioner programs. Homeopathic educational programs are not typically offered at traditional community colleges or 4-year universities in the United States. When choosing a homeopathic program, students should seek out those affiliated by an agency such as the Council on Homeopathic Education (CHE).
Professional Program in Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a form of alternative medicine that believes diseases can be cured by using a treatment that produces similar disease symptoms to stimulate the body. A limited number of alternative medicine schools and private institutions offer 2-year training programs in basic homeopathic theories and practices. These homeopathic training programs teach students about practical applications of homeopathy and treating chronic conditions requiring long-term care. This program provides graduates who are already healthcare professionals with the foundation they need to add homeopathy to their medical practice. Those with no prior medical training who want to become homeopaths should complete a clinical supervision program in addition to the professional program.
While many people who enroll in professional programs in homeopathy have prior medical training, this is not required for enrollment. At the minimum, applicants should have about 60 credit hours of college coursework completed prior to admission. Students should take classes in the natural sciences in particular to prepare for homeopathy professional programs.
The coursework for professional programs in homeopathy includes classes covering treatment for both acute and chronic health problems. Generally, the treatment of chronic health issues is considered to be more advanced than the treating acute issues, so programs cover treating chronic issues towards the end of the curriculum. Professional programs in homeopathy usually require students to complete the following courses:
- Acute condition homeopathy
- Homeopathy for personality types
- History of homeopathy
- Chronic condition homeopathy
- Homeopathic pharmaceuticals
Popular Career Options
Medical professionals who graduate from homeopathy professional programs often integrate homeopathic practices into their treatment. While many people who complete homeopathy programs often hold the professional titles listed below listed below, the program itself is not sufficient education for the careers:
- Medical doctor
- Nurse practitioner
Related to Homeopathy Programs
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become a homeopathic doctor. Research the job description and the education and licensing requirements...
Learn how to become a homeopathic practitioner. Research the education, career requirements, training and licensure...
Homeopathy and other alternative medical treatments are gaining popularity these days as more and more people seek a...
Homeopathology, commonly referred to as homeopathy, or homeopathic medicine, is a field of alternative medical...
- Holistic Animal Care Schools: How to Choose
- TAF Provides STEM Education Opportunities to Students
- Education Portal's EDU Accelerator of the Year
- Top School for a Master's Degree in Public Administration - Columbus, OH
- Top Ranked Degree Programs for Medical Assisting - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Degrees for Business Administration - San Francisco, CA
- Top Networking Management University Programs - Houston, TX
- The Best Free Education of 2012: Education-Portal.com People's Choice Awards Winners
- Best New Face in Free Education: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Top Graphic Design School - Anaheim, CA
- Top Animation Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top Degree Programs in Health Care Management - Denver, CO