Homeopathic PhD Program Information
Homeopathic Ph.D programs are based on theories that were initially proposed by the German physician Samuel Hahnemann. These programs train students to treat patients using the body's own vital or life force rather than traditional pharmaceutical remedies.
Homeopathic Doctor of Philosophy
Homeopathic medicine applies a holistic approach to restoring the body and spirit to a natural balance. Students learn to understand and apply the homeopathic concept of dilution, which is designed to stimulate the body's immune system. Homeopathic Ph.D. programs also train students to apply the 'law of susceptibility', which addresses the body's reaction and adaptation to both internal and external forces.
While classes taken within a homeopathic Ph.D. program curriculum contain much of the same information as those taken within a traditional Western medicine curriculum, the focus is more on the body's ability to heal itself rather than using surgeries or medicinal treatments to heal the body. For example, rather than the pharmacology classes found in Western medicine programs, the homeopathic Ph.D. curriculum would substitute homeopathic pharmacy or homeopathic remedies.
Prior to enrolling in a homeopathic Ph.D. program, a student must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited college with a minimum grade point average of 2.5. Most colleges also recommend the student have a background in biology, chemistry, psychology, physics, biochemistry, cellular biology, anatomy, statistics, biomedical ethics, immunology and physiology. Student interested in embarking upon a homeopathic Ph.D. program should contact their school of choice for that its particular enrollment requirements.
Students enrolled in a homeopathic Ph.D. program can expect to take the following classes:
- Homeopathic research
- Physiology for homeopathic physicians
- Materia medica in homeopathic practice
- Botany for the homeopathic physician
- Miasms in homeopathic medicine
- Allopathic pharmacology
- Issues in contemporary homeopathy
- Jurisprudence and ethics in homeopathic medicine
- Emergency homeopathic medicine
Popular Career Options
Most students who graduate from a homeopathic Ph.D. program open their own practice as a general practitioner of homeopathy. Other career options could also include:
- Homeopathic pharmacist
- Homeopathic veterinarian
- Homeopathic pediatrician
- Homeopathic rheumatologist
Related to Phd in Homeopathy
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become a homeopathic practitioner. Research the education, career requirements, training and licensure information...
Learn how to become a homeopathic doctor. Research the job description and the education and licensing requirements and find...
Homeopathy and other alternative medical treatments are gaining popularity these days as more and more people seek a different...
While earning a Ph.D. is a noble pursuit, it's important to consider all the angles before applying to a program. Read on to...
- Neurology PhD Program Overviews
- Neuropsychology PhD Program Information
- The Mizzou Advantage: a Plan to Address the Ph.D. Employment Problem
- Budget Analysts: Job Duties & Career Information
- Scientific Officer: Job Description, Duties, Salary and Outlook
- Nurse Practitioner Vs. Masters Degree in Nursing: What's the Difference?
- Juvenile Correctional Facilities Administrator Job Information