Iridology Certification and Certificate Programs with Training Info
Learn about iridology certification programs. Get an overview of the field and learn about training info, program coursework and potential employment opportunities.
Alternative medicine practitioners who utilize iridology believe they can look into a patient's eye and determine health from the color, patterns and shape of the iris. Scientific studies have indicated that this practice doesn't necessarily produce accurate results. Although there is no official licensure or certification process for iridology that is regulated by the United States, there are a few organizations offering courses and programs that can lead to a type of certification in the field. One such organization is the International Iridology Practitioners Association.
Individuals enrolled in a certification program learn the basic theory behind iridology, as well as how to treat patients. In addition, students examine the anatomy of the eye and various pupil types. They learn how characteristics of the iris can correlate to different sicknesses and diseases. There are minimal educational prerequisites for most iridology certification programs. Most require merely an age limit and a willingness to learn.
Some courses included in an iridology certification program include:
- Basic iridology
- Anatomy and physiology
- Emotional iridology
- Techniques in analysis
- Running a consulting practice
Employment and Career Overview
Few alternative medicine practitioners use iridology in their practice. Less than 50 can be contacted for consultation through the International Iridology Practitioners Association. Due to the limited demand for iridologists, many individuals certified in the field are also certified in another aspect of alternative medicine.
Because there are few iridologists, salary data is hard to find. According to PayScale.com in October 2013, the annual salary for a certified wellness coach ranged from $39,334 to $69,077. Practitioners of alternative medicine like licensed acupuncturists made between $29,866 and $126,507 as of October 2013, PayScale.com reported.
Related to Training in Iridology
- Recently Updated
Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) practices use non-invasive, natural techniques to treat patients. Aspiring...
There are no master's degree programs in iridology, but classes on iridology may be available through graduate-level programs...
Iridology therapists believe that the presence of a disease or a person's health can be determined by examining spots and dark...
Learn about the alternative health programs that include courses in iridology. Find out about course topics, career choices...
- Iridologist: Educational Requirements for a Career in Iridology
- Iridology Studies: Adult Education Overview
- Patent Agent Certification: Information and Requirements
- Best Degree Programs in Business Marketing - Jersey City, NJ
- Architectural Technologist: Education Requirements and Career Info
- Top School in Spokane for Teaching Degrees
- Cosmetology Management: Education and Career Information
- Interpreter Certification Programs: Overview of Options
- Copyediting Certification and Training Program Information
- Nursing Professor: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top Ranked International Business Degree Programs in Colorado Springs
- Infection Control Practitioner: Job Description, Duties and Outlook