IV Certification in Florida with Program and School Information
There are several schools in Florida that offer certification in IV therapy. Read an overview of their programs, requirements and tuition info and find out which school is right for you.
IV Certification Programs in Florida
IV therapy arms students with one of the most essential skills in the healthcare profession. By earning IV certification, students learn how to handle and administer the chemicals that go into bodies and sometimes save lives. Essential for all nursing students, IV courses consist of both study and hands-on demonstrations under the supervision of licensed professionals. Florida has several schools that offer IV therapy courses for students seeking careers in the field of healthcare, three of which are outlined below.
Fort Myers Institute of Technology
The Fort Myers Institute of Technology in Fort Myers, Fla., offers a post-graduate course in IV therapy. The 30-hour course is open to nurses in the licensed, practical and registered categories. In advance of the first class, students must complete a 120-hour online portion of the course. Topics covered in the course include IV solutions, medications, phlebotomy and venipuncture techniques.
Hillsborough Community College
Hillsborough Community College in Tampa, Fla., offers a 32-hour course in IV therapy. The course involves study and demonstration as students learn aspects involved with chemicals and needle insertion. In advance of the first class, students must finish an online component to the course involving a full-days worth of reading. Additionally, students must watch an online lecture and obtain their books at least two weeks before the first class. Hillsborough's health department also offers courses in related fields of study like CPR and certified nursing.
Lee County High Tech Center North
Lee County High Tech Center North in Cape Coral, Fla., offers a 36-hour course in IV therapy exclusively for nurses. With six hours set aside for phlebotomy training, the coursework covers everything from electrolyte balances and IV solutions to venipuncture and chemical administration. Students that successfully complete the course will satisfy requirements with the Florida Board of Nursing.
School Comparison Table
|School Name||School Type & Setting||IV Therapy Courses Offered||Tuition & Fees (2012-2013)|
|Fort Myers Institute of Technology||2-year, Public, City||CT in IV Therapy||$4,509*|
|Hillsborough Community College||2-year, Public, City||CT in IV Therapy|| $2,506 (In-state)|
|Lee County High Tech Center North||2-year, Public, City||CT in IV Therapy||$4,659*|
Source: *NCES College Navigator
Related to IV Certification Florida
- Recently Updated
The Certified Registered Nurse Infusionist exam is the only professional certification available to registered nurses looking...
Find out how to become an IV instructor. Research the education requirements and learn about the experience you need to advance...
With the continual evolution of the health care system, pharmacists looking to broaden their training might want to consider...
Training in intravenous (IV) therapy, which can prepare students for state or national certification, is intended for current...
- IV Therapy Training for Nurses: Program Options and Requirements
- IV Infusion Training and Education Program Information
- Overview of IV Therapy Classes and Courses
- Regional Planner: Job & Career Info
- Salary and Career Info for a Pharmaceutical Patent Lawyer
- Terrestrial Biologist: Job Duties, Salary and Outlook
- Associate Degree in Audiology
- IV Therapist: Educational Requirements for a Career in IV Therapy
- Intravenous Therapy Training and Certification Information
- Technical Project Manager: Employment Info and Career Requirements
- Horse Rehabilitation Therapist: Salary Info and Job Duties
- Pesticide Handler: Employment Info for Pesticide Handler Careers
- Michigan Career Planning: Overview of Career Opportunities in Michigan (MI)
- Clinical Laboratory Technicians Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Clinical Lab Tech
- Interior Design Schools in Seattle
- English Literature Professor Job Description and Requirements for a Career As an English Lit Professor
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - O
- O - W
- Nearby States