Jefferson County Adult Education Programs with School Info
Adult students in Jefferson County, Kentucky, can find educational programs through the Adult and Continuing Education division of the Jefferson County Public Schools. Programs are available for adults in need of a high school diploma, enhanced English language skills or specific workforce development skills. Other programs offer courses for personal development and leisure.
Jefferson County Public Schools' Adult Education Programs
The Adult and Continuing Education division of Jefferson County Public Schools serves over 30,000 adults each year. Programs are available in General Educational Development (GED), English as a Second Language (ESL), workforce training and personal enrichment.
Workforce Services Programs
Jefferson County Public Schools offers a variety of workforce services programs providing adult students with basic job skills necessary for employment. Programs include a technology communications program, which focuses on writing and communication via the computer, and a para-educator program that prepares students for jobs as instructional assistants.
General Educational Development Courses
GED courses are offered free to adult students at over 50 sites throughout Jefferson County. Courses help students upgrade their reading and math skills in preparation for high school diploma equivalency exams.
English as a Second Language Courses
ESL courses are designed to help adult students who want to learn or improve their English language skills. Courses are free and are offered at a variety of locations. Beginning, intermediate and advanced classes are offered, as well as special topic classes in areas such as conversation, grammar or civics.
A variety of computer courses are offered, including a general introductory computer course and an introductory course designed specifically for seniors. Other courses are offered in specific software, such as Microsoft Word, or in digital imaging or Internet use.
Culinary Arts Courses
Culinary arts courses are designed for those seeking skills for use in the home kitchen. Course topics include cake decorating, pie making and regional cuisines.
Creative Arts Courses
Adults can also choose from courses in flower arranging, painting or stained glass, among other arts and crafts. These courses are designed for adult students who wish to gain a new hobby or develop artistic skills.
- Address: VanHoose Education Center, 3332 Newburg Rd., Louisville, KY 40232
- Phone Number: (502) 485-3400
Related to Jefferson County Adult Education
- Recently Updated
This article discusses different adult education options like four year universities and colleges, community colleges,...
Some adult education woodworking programs are designed for hobbyists; however, students looking for a more intensive...
Learn about adult education programs in physics. Get information about program formats, courses, career opportunities...
As a prerequisite of other programs, or as a critical component of a career in teaching, philosophy adult education...
- Carpentry Adult Education Programs: A Summary
- Calculus Adult Education: An Overview
- Welding: Common Welding Adult Education Programs
- Top School for a Networking Degree - Kansas City, MO
- Top International Business Management Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design - Charlotte, NC
- Top Ranked MIS Degree Program - Henderson, NV
- Typing: Overview of Common Adult Education Typing Courses
- Reflexology Adult Education: An Overview
- Top Master of Health Administration Degree Program - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Multimedia and Digital Design University Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top University with Human Resource Management Degree Programs - Phoenix, AZ
Perfect School Search
- Colorado Cities
- Nearby States