Linux Courses and Classes Overview
Linux courses are available through certificate programs that teach how to use Linux, as well as bachelor's and master' degree programs in network security and computer programming. Through these courses, students learn to operate and maintain computer and network systems using Linux.
Introductory Linux Course
This beginning Linux course covers the fundamentals of using Linux and UNIX. The course trains students to use different file systems, tables and graphs for data organization, command line functions and text editors. They practice basic user operations and learn the beginning steps of many of the more difficult parts of using Linux.
Basics of Network Security Course
Through this intermediate course, students study the tools hackers use to break into a computer network and begin learning methods that can prevent this. They learn how to create and maintain firewalls and set up notifications to find intruders. In addition to protecting the systems from hackers, they also learn ways to protect them from malicious software.
Linux Systems Administration Course
This intermediate course provides students with the ability to administer Linux systems through device configuration, hardware installation and systems management. Students build on skills acquired in previous Linux and computer network courses to set up user administration protocols and manage their accounts and disk space. Typically, students gain practical experience setting up and maintaining the computer system, and troubleshooting techniques are introduced.
Security in Linux Course
This advanced course applies the basics of network security specifically to Linux systems. Students gain practical experience administering security protocol and setting up methods for user identification, firewalls and access control. Usually, they practice methods for monitoring the system overall and study common encryption methods used to stop malicious viruses and codes. These techniques provide the ability to protect the operating, computer and network systems.
Linux Network Applications Course
Students taking this course gain hands-on experience installing, running, maintaining and administering software programs that run on Linux. Often, this course includes additional training operating the Unix system for instances when the two overlap. The majority of this Linux class focuses on configuring and operating the networks and their various software programs. Students study specific trouble-shooting methods, as well.
Related to Linux Class
- Recently Updated
Linux Plus is a specific program used by system administrators. Certificate programs provide training in Linux Plus...
In the field of technology, becoming a Linux certified professional can set you apart from the other professionals....
Linux courses and training programs are offered in online, hybrid and on-campus format. As a leading operating system,...
See our list of the top free online Linux courses. Learn what courses are available and what topics they cover to find...
- Learn Linux Programming for Free Online: List of Free Learning Options
- Linux Programmer: Info for Students Considering a Career in Linux Programming
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Best Degree Programs in Computer Networking - Cleveland, OH
- Best International Business Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Top School for Accounting and Financial Management Degrees - Long Beach, CA
- Top Master of Health Administration Degree Program - Jacksonville, FL
- Free Courses with the Best User Experience: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- The Most Open Free Courses: Education-Portal.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Top Human Resource Management Degree Programs - Colorado Springs, CO
- Top University for a Degree in Computer Information Systems - Arlington, VA
- Top Ranked Criminal Justice Degree Program - Indianapolis, IN