Make-Up Courses in CT with School Information
Research makeup courses in Connecticut, which currently has about 11 schools offering cosmetology programs. Read overviews of the programs and get some quick facts for two Connecticut schools to decide which program is right for you.
Makeup courses are most commonly offered at beauty schools, including those that are affiliated with salons. They may be available as short stand-alone courses or workshops for those with a cosmetology background or for current students in a cosmetology program. They may also be taken as part of full certificate or degree programs in a field like cosmetology. In addition to practicing in class, students often receive instruction applying makeup in a salon setting and have the opportunity to work with real clients near the end of their studies.
North Haven Academy
North Haven Academy is a private, Paul Mitchell partner school that is located in North Haven, Connecticut. The school offers a basic cosmetology certificate program that includes makeup, hair design and fashion trend courses. Students learn cosmetology basics before receiving advanced instruction combined with salon experience. There's also a 3-day makeup course for licensed cosmetology professionals who want to learn to apply products in order to maximize makeup sales potential for their salons. Makeup methods for special occasions, as well as everyday looks, are studied in this class.
- Programs Offered: Basic Cosmetology Certificate
3-Day Makeup Course
- Program Cost (2012-2013): $19,500 (Cosmetology Certificate), $650 (3-Day Makeup Course)*
- School Type & Setting: Less than 2-year, private for-profit; large suburb
Marinello Schools of Beauty - East Hartford
The East Hartford location of the Marinello Schools of Beauty offers two specialty makeup workshops for professionals, students and alumni. The first workshop teaches students the fundamentals of applying makeup, running a business and finding career opportunities in the makeup field. It also provides hands-on tutorials. The second workshop is at the intermediate level and requires the completion of the first workshop. It focuses on makeup application for photographic images and provides opportunities to work with a photographer and build a portfolio.
- Programs Offered: Phase I Makeup: Fundamentals of Makeup Artistry Workshop
Phase II Makeup: Artistry for Photography Images Workshop
- Program Cost (2014): $995-$1,370 per workshop**
- School Type & Setting: Less than 2-year, private for-profit; small city
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School||School Type & Setting||Programs Offered||Program Cost|
|North Haven Academy||Less than 2-year, private for-profit; large suburb|| Basic Cosmetology Certificate,|
3-Day Make-Up Course
|$19,500 (Cosmetology Certificate), $650 (3-Day Makeup Course) (2012-2013)*|
|Marinello Schools of Beauty - East Hartford||Less than 2-year, private for-profit; small city||Make-Up Artistry Certificate||$995-$1,370 per workshop (2014)**|
Sources: *North Haven Academy, **Marinello Schools of Beauty.
Related to Make Up Course in CT
- Recently Updated
From American River College to Westfield State University, the effects of reduced funding and budget crunches are being felt....
In the latest of ongoing efforts to increase support for merit-based pay for educators, U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan...
Online courses in make-up application and specialization can provide education for both the interested novice as well as the...
Special effects make-up training programs provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to make actors appear to be the...
- Become a Certified Make-Up Artist: Certification and Career Roadmap
- Wig & Make-Up Technician: Job Description & Career Requirements
- Make Up Artists: Job Outlook & Career Info
- Top Educational Leadership Degree Programs in Albuquerque, NM
- Top International Business Degree - Norfolk, MA
- Occupational Health Nurse Practitioner: Job Description & Responsibilities
- Sports Medicine Therapist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Make Up Artist: Education Requirements & Career Summary
- Air Brush Make-up Artist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Design Technician: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Contract Attorney: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Corporate Assistant: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- Connecticut Cities
- Nearby States