Marketing Manager Education Programs and Courses
A marketing manager develops the marketing strategies utilized by a company or organization. He or she oversees marketing department employees and evaluates market conditions, customer research, competitor data and marketing plans. A marketing manager education program teaches the knowledge and techniques needed to determine the potential market for a specific product.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
Students enrolled in a bachelor's degree in marketing program are educated on the fundamentals of business and advertising. This program gives one the opportunity to learn essential elements involved in markets, sales and advertising. An emphasis is placed on expressing clear and concise marketing strategies for products and services.
A marketing manager education program at the bachelor's level teaches students to apply the principles of marketing to real-world business situations. Students also learn to analyze trends and consumer behavior and create marketing campaigns. Classes include:
- Principles of management
- Mathematics for business and finance
- Advertising principles
- Business statistics
- Marketing research
- Business law
While entry-level marketing manager positions are available for individuals that complete an undergraduate degree, graduating with an MBA in marketing opens up opportunities for advancement. A MBA marketing degree hones one's decision-making skills and helps him or her become a more effective manager.
Master's of Business Administration (MBA) Marketing Degree
An MBA marketing degree program prepares graduates for advanced marketing manager positions. Opportunities are available to learn advanced techniques and theories in marketing strategy, consumer behavior and marketing research. Focus is also placed on the global markets and developing an understanding of international consumers.
The courses within an MBA marketing program offer increased knowledge in the fields of marketing and advertising while enhancing the necessary skills. An emphasis is placed on the planning and execution of planning, promotion and distribution to create customer satisfaction. Coursework includes:
- Buyer motivation and behavior
- Marketing research
- Sales management
- Advertising management
- International marketing
Employment Outlook and Salary Info
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, www.bls.gov, opportunities for marketing managers are expected to rise through 2016. The increase is due to the growth in domestic and global demand for products and services. As of 2009, PayScale.com shows that the average annual salary for an entry level marketing manager is $55,000.
Related to Marketing Manager College
- Recently Updated
A marketing manager is an individual who analyzes and oversees the marketing strategies of a company, ensuring both...
Marketing Managers develop ways to increase sales and build brand awareness for companies ranging from video game...
Prospective Internet marketing managers have several educational options from which to choose. They can pursue an...
Marketing and communications managers coordinate the advertising and public relations activities for business or...
- How to Become a Marketing Product Manager
- Marketing Communication Manager: Job Description and Requirements
- Marketing Program Manager Jobs: Career Options and Requirements
- Top Ranked Public Administration Degree Program - Bakersfield, CA
- Top Ranked Degree Programs for Medical Assisting - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Ranked Master's Degree Program for Health Care Management - Houston, TX
- Top Degree Programs in Nursing and Nursing Administration - Albuquerque, NM
- Global Marketing Manager: Job Description and Career Info for Global Marketing Managers
- SEO Account Manager: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Top Computer Networking School - Henderson, NV
- Top Master's Degree Program in Clinical Psychology - Chicago, IL
- Top Multimedia and Digital Design University Programs - Chicago, IL