Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management: Program Overviews
Read about a master's degree program in supply chain management. See what concepts and skills are explored by students and learn about common career options for graduates.
A Master of Science in Supply Chain Management degree program provides graduate students with a thorough understanding of both the theoretical and practical elements of running the operational side of a business. Students in such a program learn how to improve day-to-day operations, minimize costs, handle purchasing and sales, manage inventory, and more.
Most regular master's degree programs in supply chain management last approximately two years, although those taken as part of a night program or dual degree program can last up to three or four years. Courses cover business management methods and theories, logistics strategies and quality control techniques. Students in these programs develop critical problem-solving skills as well as business acumen.
All master's degree programs in supply chain management require the completion of a bachelor's degree, and most require that degree to be in the field of business or management. Students should have a strong understanding of basic economic principles such as supply and demand, as well as an understanding of business models. Some programs require that applicants also have a firm understanding of personal computing and calculus.
Generally, a master's degree program in supply chain management covers core concepts, such as management and purchasing, as well as:
- Operations management
- Business principles
- Financial management
- Advanced economics
- Logistics and distribution
- Purchasing management
- Inventory control
- Project management
- Quality control
Popular Career Options
The most common career title available for a graduate of a master's degree program in supply chain management is supply chain manager. There are some other variations available, however. These include:
- Operations manager
- General manager
- Management consultant
- Inventory specialist
- Purchasing manager
Related to Masters Degree Program in Supply Chain Management
- Recently Updated
Read on to learn about supply chain management programs at two top U.S. universities. Get school rankings, location info and...
Many business schools around the U.S. offer degree programs in supply chain management at the undergraduate and graduate...
Supply chain management classes cover logistics, sourcing, forecasting, quality control and inventory management. This article...
Becoming a supply chain manager requires some formal education. Learn about the degree programs, job duties and requirements to...
- Associate of Supply Chain Management: Degree Overview
- Bachelor of Operations: Supply Chain Management Degree Overview
- Online MBA in Supply Chain Management: Program Overview
- Professional Voice-Over Actor: Career Information and Requirements
- Top Ranked Digital Security Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Top School in Birmingham, AL, for Network Security Degrees
- Top School in Baltimore for a Banking Degree
- Distance Education Diplomas And Certificates in Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Management Graduate Degree Programs
- Online Art Bachelors Degree Program Information
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist: Salary and Career Information
- Building Superintendent: Job Description, Responsibilities and Outlook