Master's Degree Program in Holistic Wellness
Learn about master's programs in holistic health studies. Get details on the prerequisites that must be met and the coursework taken in these programs. Check out potential career paths and continuing education options after graduation.
Master's programs specifically in holistic wellness are very rare. However, a handful of schools offer related master's programs in fields like holistic health studies or health and wellness.These programs guide students in understanding the philosophy of alternative healthcare, while not neglecting Western medicine practices.
Holistic health programs explore alternative healing methods, including aromatherapy, meditation and energy healing. More traditional health topics are covered as well, including nutrition, anatomy and stress management. Many programs culminate in a final research project. Graduates of these programs may have the skills to counsel and recommend holistic treatments to clients.
Applicants to holistic health master's degree programs must hold bachelor's degrees, and majors in health-related fields like nursing, health and wellness or nutrition are usually recommended. A minimum GPA of 3.0 may be required as well.
Students in holistic health studies master's programs examine a broad range of health topics and various types of alternative methods to treat illnesses. Some classes can be taken online. Courses include the following:
- Emotional health
- Eastern approaches to health
- Integrative health
Popular Career Options
With a master's degree in holistic health studies, graduates may find opportunities in clinics, hospitals, schools or private practices. Some common job titles include the following:
- Health educator
Continuing Education Information
Graduates of the master's degree in holistic health studies program may qualify for voluntary certifications through organizations like the Aromatherapy Registration Council or the Holistic Nutrition Credentialing Board. To earn certification, applicants must meet training and professional experience requirements and successfully pass an exam.
Related to Masters Degree Program in Holistic Wellness
- Recently Updated
Holistic health programs train students in natural and alternative methods of promoting wellness by means of nutrition,...
Holistic wellness is the practice of blending mental, physical and spiritual choices and activities to promote good health....
Read about master's degree programs in holistic health studies. Find out about courses, career options, salary trends and...
Online bachelor's degree programs in exercise and wellness are not typically available, but a few do exist. These degree...
- Online Degrees in Holistic Health and Medicine by Program Level
- Online Masters Degree in Holistic Nutrition: Program Summary
- Holistic Medicine Masters Degree Program Information
- What to Expect From a Neurology Residency
- Software Process Engineering Degree Program Information
- Decision Science Degree Program Overviews
- Loan Processor Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- Masters Degree in Holistic Counseling: Program Overview
- Master's Degree in Holistic Health and Medicine: Program Summaries
- Health Inspector Degree and Certificate Program Information
- Ultrasonography Degree, Certificate and Training Program Information
- Telecommunication Engineering Degree and Certification Program Info