Master in Art Education Online: University Overviews
Online master's degrees programs in art education are intended for K-12 art teachers, museum or gallery educators or community art program leaders. Read on for university overviews and explore online master's degree programs in art education.
Master of Arts in Art Education
This program can be completed online at Boston University. Students who are already certified teachers take classes in art education and child development as part of this 32-credit accelerated MA program. They attend on-campus summer studio experiences or they may study abroad. Instructors lead classes and exchange materials with students by e-mail and over the Internet, and students participate in online discussion forums with their peers.
Master of Art in Teaching in Art
This MAT program offered through the University of Idaho accepts less than half of certified teachers who apply, most of who enroll on a part-time basis. Studio art courses include topics in painting, information design, drawing, sculpting or graphic design.
With a strong emphasis on studio experience, this master's degree program requires students to participate in on-campus summer sessions at the school's studio or work remotely in a local studio, using the Internet to present work for instructor feedback. Graduation requirements include an exhibition of original work and a paper to accompany the exhibition.
Online courses are tied to Boston University's on-campus academic calendar. While online lessons and assignments mirror in-person classes and are taught by the same instructors, students have the flexibility to complete coursework on their own schedules over the semester.
Online student services at Boston University include a program manager, enrollment advisor, facilitator, student services coordinator and specialized library resources. Online students also have access to a help desk for assistance with technical issues. Both PC and Mac computer users taking online classes must meet the university's minimum technology requirements.
- Address: One Silber Way, Boston, Massachusetts 02215
- Phone: (617) 353-2000
University of Idaho
With a virtual learning environment that includes live interactive opportunities, chat rooms and newsgroups, the University of Idaho's online degree programs allow students to interact with classmates and instructors at their convenience. Students also have access to services and resources tailored to online learners. Online course dates are semester-based.
- Address: 875 Perimeter Drive, Moscow, Idaho 83844-2282
- Phone: (888) 884-3246
Related to Master of Art Education Online
- Recently Updated
Teachers and other education professionals may choose to earn a Master of Education degree, also known as a M.Ed. or Ed.M....
Earning a Master of Education (M.Ed.) degree opens up new career options for educational professional as well as increases...
Learn about master's degree programs in health education. Get information about coursework, career options and certification in...
Research master's degree programs in special education. Get information on requirements, courses, career prospects and salary...
- Master of Education (M.Ed): Secondary Education Degree Overview
- Master of Education (M.Ed): Elementary Education Degree Overview
- Master of Education (M.Ed): Instructional Technology Degree Overview
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education: Program Information
- Pediatric Medical Assistant Training and Education Program Options
- Desktop Underwriter Certification and Certificate Program Information
- Bachelor's in Computer Repair Technology: Program Summary
- Master of Education - Principal & Administrator: Degree Overview
- Master of Education (M.Ed): Elementary Curriculum Degree Overview
- Wildlife Biology Major: Information and Requirements
- Residential Planning Diploma, Degree and Certificate Program Info
- Nightclub Management Degree Programs with Course Info