Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Online with Course Info
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification is a credential granted by the Microsoft Company after completing Microsoft Office skills exams. Skills needed to pass the exam can be learned in non-credit online training programs. MOS Certification preparation courses can be completed online through a wide variety of educational institutions including community colleges, vocational schools and 4-year colleges and universities. Some universities grant certificates of completion, but only Microsoft can grant MOS Certification upon completion of the MOS skills exam.
Technical Requirements for an Online MOS Preparation Program
In order to learn the basics of the Microsoft Office applications, students must have access to the Microsoft Office programs on a PC. Many versions of this software are available as a result of software upgrades and changes. Students may work with different versions of Microsoft software and thus there are different certification exams for different software versions. For example, Microsoft Office 2003, Microsoft Office XP, and Microsoft Office 2000 each have their own preparation courses and exam.
MOS Preparation Courses
In most cases, students can enroll in an online MOS preparation course at any time. Online MOS courses are typically completed in modules. Each module may cover a basic program function, such as creating, organizing and formatting content, in one of Microsoft Office's five basic programs. Students are taught to use the tools to create finished products. The five Microsoft Office software programs are:
Obtaining MOS Certification
The three MOS certification levels are specialist, expert and master. For the MOS specialist certification, students must pass a specialist skills test. For expert MOS certification, either the Word Expert or the Excel Expert exam must be passed. In order to become master certified, students must pass four exams: Word Expert, Excel Expert, PowerPoint Expert and either Access or Outlook exams. After completing the course, students are eligible to take the MOS certification exam. Despite taking the course online, the certification exam is proctored and thus you will have to take the exam at a testing facility on campus.
Related to Office Specialist Courses
- Recently Updated
A Microsoft Office specialist (MOS) is a professional who has completed a series of certification exams to demonstrate...
Workers can prove their skills and proficiency with Microsoft computer programs by earning the Microsoft Office...
Certification in Microsoft Access is offered under the Microsoft Office Specialist program administered by Certiport....
Certification in Microsoft Office, called the Microsoft Office Specialist certification, demonstrates proficiency and...
- Office Specialist Certification and Training Program Information
- Microsoft SQL Certification and Training Options
- Microsoft Network Certification Program Options
- Best School for Health Information Technology Degrees - Chicago, IL
- Top Ranked Graphic Design and Multimedia Arts School - Dallas, TX
- Top Ranked School for Graphic Design - Charlotte, NC
- Top School for a Degree in Computer Information Technology - Columbus, OH
- Microsoft Desktop Certification and Certificate Program Overviews
- Microsoft Security Certification and Certificate Program Options
- Top Healthcare Administration Degrees - Phoenix, AZ
- Top School for a Degree in Business Management - Henderson, NV
- Top University with Computer Engineering Technology Degrees - Fresno, CA