National Wildlife College Courses Online with School Options
The National Wildlife Federation has four goals, conserving wildlife, protecting endangered species, stopping the increase of invasive species, and protecting and restoring natural bodies of water. Many colleges have departments and majors in wildlife sciences that have the same goals. A few schools even offer national wildlife college courses online. Some online courses are part of both online and on-campus degrees.
Colorado State University - Wildlife Ecology and Conservation Online Courses
Colorado State University's Warner College of Natural Resources offers a comprehensive natural resources program focusing on critical environmental management problems. Colorado State offers wildlife college courses online that can be applied towards degrees in fisheries and aquatic science, conservation biology or wildlife biology. A related M.S. degree in ecosystem science is available in a combined format of online and correspondence courses. National wildlife online courses include:
- Fish, wildlife and conservation biology
- Wildlife ecology and conservation
- Wildlife habitation evaluation for educators
- Wildlife policy, administration and law
- World grassland ecogeography
Washington State University - Natural Resource and Wildlife Sciences Online Courses
Washington State University's Natural Resource Sciences Department offers programs in natural resource sciences, research and education. The program has fostered a number of on-campus wildlife related laboratories and research facilities has also promoted a number of online courses that feature independent study, online seminars and workshops. Courses can be applied to many fields, including biology, ecology, evolution, biogeography, geology, chemistry, genetics and social sciences. Courses offered online are:
- Conservation biology
- Declining amphibians
- Endangered species
- Landscape ecology
- Restoration ecology
- Wolves and human communities
Oregon State University - Fisheries and Wildlife Online Courses
Because Oregon State University offers an online bachelor's degree in fisheries and wildlife sciences, they have a large number of online courses. A graduate certificate in fisheries management is also available online. Online courses are given through the Internet and streaming videos, although some classes also use DVDs. Online courses include:
- Agricultural ecosystems and wildlife
- Applied ecosystem ecology
- Conservation and management of game birds/mammals/fish
- Conservation principles for fish and wildlife
- Fish and wildlife field sampling
- Population analysis
- Wildlife and fisheries ecology
Related to National Wildlife College Online Courses
- Recently Updated
There are many career opportunities that include working with wildlife. Careers can involve hands-on care and preservation of...
Learn about online diploma programs in wildlife and forestry conservation. Get information on course topics, job prospects and...
In 2009, the Sloan Consortium found that more than one in four college students were taking at least one course online. A year...
Learn about degree programs in fisheries and wildlife. Get information on bachelor's degrees, course requirements and career...
- Wildlife Photographer: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
- List of the Best Wildlife Biology Schools and Programs
- Wildlife Ecology Degrees: Program Overviews
- Online Registered Nursing Degree Programs and Courses
- Industrial Systems Careers: Options and Requirements
- Game Technology Degree and Training Program Summaries
- Careers in Community Relations: Education Options and Requirements