New Jersey Schools for a Business Administrator Certification
One of the most common types of business administration certification is that designed for school business administrators. A post-graduate certification program in this field focuses on developing leadership and organizational skills for school business administrators. Montclair State University and Rider University are two New Jersey universities offering school business administrator certification.
Montclair State University's School Business Administrator Certification Program
Montclair State University was founded as the New Jersey State Normal School at Montclair in 1908. After a few name changes over the course of its history, the school became Montclair State University in 1995. Montclair State University enrolls a student population of just over 18,000 in nearly 300 academic programs. In 2008, the university's College of Education and Human Services introduced an accelerated school business administrator certification program.
School Business Administrator Certification
This program, which prepares students for district-level careers in school business management, offers two certification tracks. The 9-month accelerated track combines weekend classes with online instruction, while the traditional track utilizes a schedule of on-campus evening classes. Both tracks allow students to complete the coursework while employed full-time.
Those seeking to enter this program must have at least a master's degree or be a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Classes address personnel administration and supervision, school plant maintenance and operations, school finance, accounting, educational law, grievance resolution and collective bargaining.
- Address: 1 Normal Ave., Montclair, New Jersey 07043
- Phone Number: (973) 655-4000
Rider University's School Business Administrator Certification Program
More than 6,000 students attend Rider University's two campuses in Lawrenceville and Princeton, New Jersey. The school was founded in 1865, and its four colleges offer nearly 80 undergraduate and graduate programs. The school business administrator certification program is conducted through the College of Liberal Arts, Education and Sciences.
School Business Administrator Certification
Those seeking to enter this program must have completed required courses in accounting and economics and hold a master's degree in any area except educational administration. The curriculum is composed of six courses that must be taken sequentially. These courses address educational leadership, school facility planning and development, human resources leadership, financial management, school accounting, organizational theory and legal issues in education. While completing the coursework, students undertake a simultaneous supervised, mentored internship to gain practical experience in managing school business affairs.
- Address: 2083 Lawrenceville Rd., Lawrenceville, New Jersey 08648
- Phone Number: (609) 896-5000
Related to New Jersey School Business Administrator Certification
- Recently Updated
Business intelligence (BI) administrators oversee the proper functioning of the company's BI system and ensure that...
System administrators play a key role in installing, operating and troubleshooting computer systems and networks in...
In Green Bay, WI, those who aspire to be network administrators can study at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College....
People living in Irving, Texas, who are seeking a career as a network administrator can find training at North Lake...
- Top Ranked University to Become a Teacher or School Administrator - Harrisburg, PA
- Top School for Becoming a Systems Administrator - Miami, FL
- Teaching Degree: Top Ranked University to Become a Teacher or School Administrator - Richmond, VA
- Top Degree Programs for Web Design and Multimedia - Anaheim, CA
- Top Photography School - Cincinnati, OH
- Top Degree Programs for a Respiratory Therapist - Phoenix, AZ
- Top Graphic Design and Visual Communications Degree - Chicago, IL
- Teaching Degree: Top Ranked School for Becoming a Teacher or School Administrator - Reno, NV
- School Administrator: Educational Requirements
- Best School for Multimedia and Graphic Design Degrees - Kansas City, MO
- Top Ranked Master's Program in Educational Leadership - Dallas, TX
- Top School for a Degree in Business Finance - Colorado Springs, CO
Perfect School Search
- B - L
- L - P
- P - W
- Nearby States