Dental Schools in NH with Degree Options and Information
Research dental schools in New Hampshire, which currently has one college offering programs. Read an overview of programs, tuition info and program options for this school and decide which program is right for you.
There are over 40 public and private institutions of higher learning in New Hampshire. Of those schools, only one currently offers courses in dental hygiene and assistance: NHTI - Concord's Community College. Both dental programs require students to satisfy a number of prerequisites, such as passing a criminal background check and drug test.
Below is a description of this school's programs and a table that contains a school overview with tuition information.
NHTI - Concord's Community College
Located in Concord, the New Hampshire Technical Institute was renamed NHTI - Concord's Community College in 2008 and offers 65 programs and various academic services to both credit and non-credit students. NHTI - Concord's Community College is also the only school in the state that offers programs in the field of dentistry.
The certificate program in dental assisting prepares students to work under the supervision of dentists. Graduates of this program are responsible for providing oral health care services and promoting oral hygiene. In addition to general education requirements, students take courses in oral hygiene education, dental materials and radiology. Students also need to complete a 6-week clinical experience, which offers an opportunity to learn in a professional setting and work with patients. In total, students are required to earn at least 40 credits to complete this program.
The school also offers an Associate in Science in Dental Hygiene program that teaches students how to promote oral health and disease prevention, understand the ethical and legal practices in dentistry, communicate professionally and assess patients. Clinical work is completed on campus and in surrounding clinics. The curriculum includes courses in microbiology, oral anatomy, nutrition, dental radiology and dental materials. In total, the associate's program requires two years and 78 credit hours for completion.
- Programs Offered: Professional Certificate in Dental Assisting,
Associate in Science in Dental Hygiene
- Tuition & Fees (2012-2013): Dental hygiene: $12,180 (in-state), $17,115 (New England Regional Student Program rate), $24,776 (out-of-state)**
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; distant town
School Information: At a Glance
|School Name||School Type & Setting||Dental Programs Offered||Program Tuition & Fees (2012-13)|
|NHTI - Concord's Community College||2-year, public; distant town*|| Professional Certificate in Dental Assisting, |
Associate in Science in Dental Hygiene
| Dental assisting: $11,505 (in-state), $16,125 (New England Regional Student Program rate), $23,297 (out-of-state)**|
Dental hygiene: $12,180 (in-state), $17,115 (New England Regional Student Program rate), $24,776 (out-of-state)**
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **NHTI - Concord's Community College
Related to NH Dental Schools
- Recently Updated
This article includes academic and occupation information for those pursuing a career in dental support services. The article...
A dental assistant or dental lab technician apprenticeship program gives students the advantage of gaining skills while...
Individuals interested in promoting healthy teeth and gums may want to consider becoming dental assistants, dental hygienists...
Students interested in equine dentistry can complete an associate or bachelor's degree in veterinary technology with an...
- Schools and Colleges for Aspiring Dental Ceramists
- Schools for Aspiring Dental Managers: How to Choose
- Schools and Colleges with Pre-Dental Programs: How to Choose
- Air Cargo Handler: Job Description and Education Requirements
- Top School in Green Bay for CAD Training
- Business Psychologist: Career Info, Job Duties and Requirements
- Logging Equipment Operator: Career Information and Requirements
- Certified Dental Technician Schools: How to Choose
- Schools with a Masters in Dental Administration: How to Choose
- Salary and Career Info for Global Business Administration Professionals
- Drug Enforcement Administration Career Requirements and Info
- Research Editor: Job Description, Salary and Requirements
Perfect School Search
- New Hampshire Cities
- Nearby States