Occupational Therapy Schools in Atlanta with Degree Program Info
The Atlanta area has just one school that offers an occupational therapy program. Learn about this degree program, admission info and program requirements to make an informed education decision.
Occupational Therapy Schools Near Atlanta
Brenau University's School of Occupational Therapy is the only one of its kind in the Atlanta area. It offers an entry-level master's degree program on its main campus, which is located about 50 miles northeast of Atlanta in Gainesville. This program is also available at a slightly closer satellite location in Norcross. After completing this master's degree program, students can qualify to take the certification exam given by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy. Passing scores on this exam are often a prerequisite for state licensure.
|Occupational Therapy Degrees Offered||Master of Science in Occupational Therapy|
|Related Programs Offered|| Bachelor of Science in Health Science |
Bachelor of Science in Biology
|School Type||University; private, not-for-profit|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||2,789*|
|Campus Setting||Small city|
|Tuition & Fees (2012-2013)||$768 per credit hour**|
|Noteworthy||More than 300 approved sites for guided fieldwork**|
|Distance from Downtown|| 47 mi (1 hr.) to Gainesville campus |
20 mi. (30 min.) to Norcross campus
Source: *NCES College Navigator, **Brenau University.
Degrees at Brenau University
Brenau University's master's degree program in occupational therapy is approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association's Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. In the 2010-2011 academic year, 24 students graduated from this program.
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy students at Brenau University can earn their degrees through a traditional, 7-semester day program on the main campus in Gainesville. The North Atlanta campus in Norcross also offers a day program consisting of both on-site and online coursework. A hybrid, 9-semester weekend program is available at this location as well.
Program admission requirements include a bachelor's degree in any subject and undergraduate coursework in biology, psychology, physiology, statistics, medical terminology and one of the lab sciences. Once admitted, students complete courses in such areas as kinesiology, neuroscience and clinical reasoning. They also gain significant experience through fieldwork in a variety of settings. A thesis rounds out program requirements.
Related to Occupational Therapy Schools in Atlanta
- Recently Updated
Earning a master's degree in occupational therapy qualifies individuals to enter the workforce as an entry level OT;...
Those wishing to learn more about physical, mental and emotional rehabilitation in centers, hospitals and clinics...
Occupational therapists (OTs) help the injured, elderly and disabled rehabilitate and adapt to physical and cognitive...
Occupational therapists help patients overcome physical, mental and emotional challenges that prevent them from...
- Occupational Therapist: How Do I Become an Occupational Therapy Professional
- Master of Science (MS): Occupational Therapy Degree Overview
- Career Information for a Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Top University with a Master's in Information Systems Management Degree Program - San Francisco, CA
- Top Architectural Drafting and CAD Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Top Ranked University with an International Business Program - San Francisco, CA
- Best University for a Network Systems Administration Degree - Columbus, OH
- Online Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy: Program Overview
- Online Doctor of Occupational Therapy Degree Program Information
- North Dakota State and Higher Education Information
- Top University with Nursing Degrees - Anaheim, CA
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Architectural Design - Anaheim, CA
Perfect School Search
- A - D
- D - N
- O - V
- Nearby States