Occupational Therapy Schools in Atlanta with Degree Program Info
One school in the Atlanta area offers an occupational therapy degree program within 50 miles of downtown. Learn about the admission and program requirements at the institution to find out if it's the right one for you.
Occupational Therapy Training Near Atlanta
With campus locations that are 30 minutes to an hour away from the center of the city, one university in the Atlanta area offers a degree program designed to train students for occupational therapist careers. Read about the required fieldwork and courses offered in this school's program, which can qualify graduates to take the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy exam required for state licensure. This article also includes a table of a few facts and figures about the institution.
- Brenau University's School of Occupational Therapy is the only one of its kind around Atlanta. It offers an entry-level master's degree program on its main campus, which is located about 47 miles northeast of Atlanta in Gainesville. This program is also available at a slightly closer satellite location in Norcross, which is around 20 miles from downtown Atlanta.
Brenau University's master's degree program in occupational therapy is approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association's Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education. In the 2010-2011 academic year, 24 students graduated from this program.
Master of Science in Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapy students at Brenau University can earn their degrees through a traditional, 7-semester day program on the main campus in Gainesville. The North Atlanta campus in Norcross also offers a day program consisting of both on-site and online coursework. A hybrid, 9-semester weekend program is available at this location as well.
Program admission requirements include a bachelor's degree in any subject and undergraduate coursework in biology, psychology, physiology, statistics, medical terminology and one of the lab sciences. Once admitted, students complete courses in such areas as kinesiology, neuroscience and clinical reasoning. They also gain significant experience through fieldwork in a variety of settings. A thesis rounds out program requirements.
Get some additional facts about the featured university in this table. It contains details on student enrollment, school setting and the costs prospective enrollees can expect.
|School Type||University; private, not-for-profit|
|Total Enrollment (2011)||2,789*|
|Campus Setting||Small city|
|Tuition & Fees (2012-2013)||$768 per credit hour**|
Sources: *NCES College Navigator, **Brenau University.
Related to Occupational Therapy Schools in Atlanta
- Recently Updated
See what the top occupational therapy schools have to offer below. Find out more about program options and why these schools...
Learn about programs in occupational therapy (OT), which teach students how to provide physical, mental and emotional...
Occupational therapists (OTs) help the injured, elderly and disabled rehabilitate and adapt to physical and cognitive...
Occupational therapists help patients overcome physical, mental and emotional challenges that prevent them from normal,...
- Master of Science (MS): Occupational Therapy Degree Overview
- Online Associate's Degree in Occupational Therapy: Program Overview
- Online Doctor of Occupational Therapy Degree Program Information
- Become a Forensic Pathologist: Training and Career Guide
- Career Information for a Degree in Electromechanical Instrumentation
- General Office Clerk: Job Description & Career Info
- Job Outlook for a CSI Professional
Perfect School Search
- A - D
- D - N
- O - V
- Nearby States