Ohio University Sports Administration Degree Program Overview
Ohio University features undergraduate and graduate degree programs in sports administration and management. Interested students can pursue a Bachelor of Science in Sport Sciences, with a concentration in sport management, a terminal Master of Sports Administration and a dual graduate degree option.
Where Can I Find an Overview of Ohio University's Sports Administration Program?
The best place to find information on Ohio University's sports administration program is the Ohio University official website (www.ohio.edu). Within the A-Z academic directory, students can find the sports administration and facility management link. This brings prospective students to Ohio University's webpage for both the undergraduate and graduate programs in sports administration. From this page, students can find information on the master's program, undergraduate program, faculty, history and contact information.
Bachelor's Degree in Sports Management
Undergraduate students at Ohio University can pursue a Bachelor of Science in Sports Sciences, with a minor in business and a major in sports management. This program has a strong emphasis in business as it pertains to youth and college athletics, and professional and amateur sports. Students are required to complete eight business and economics-related classes in addition to the sports management and recreation studies courses.
Master of Sports Administration
This graduate program is offered to students that already hold a graduate degree in business or law. Ohio University also offers a Master of Sports Administration in Hong Kong, in conjunction with Hong Kong University, which is designed for professionals in the sports industry.
MBA/MSA Dual Degree Program
This dual-degree program leads to a Master of Business Administration and a Master of Sports Administration. Through this program, students learn to view sports as a business, which it is at the professional level. The program is dedicated to combining real-life business contexts with communication skills as they relate to sports. The first year of study consists of foundational business courses, such as finance, management, marketing and accounting. Students also complete a summer internship, which satisfies nine credits of the program. The second year is when sports courses are added to the curriculum. Required courses during the second year include the following:
- Research in sports administration
- Sports governance and law
- Sports and consumers
- Athletic fund-raising
Students may also take courses in coaching education, higher education administration and desktop publishing, depending on their career goals.
Related to Ohio University Sports Administration
- Recently Updated
Sports administration is a varied field that encompasses everything from professional and collegiate athletics to...
Distance learning classes in sports administration are available within degree programs at the bachelor's and master's...
Benedictine University is located 24 miles from Chicago in Lisle, Illinois. For students interested in sports and...
A military college in Charleston, South Carolina, The Citadel offers undergraduate degrees to over 2,000 corps of...
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Top University for Teaching and School Administration Degrees - Nashville, TN
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Irvine, CA
- Top Business School - Dallas, TX
- Top University with Business Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- Top Ranked Graphic Design and Animation Degree Programs - New York, NY
- Top Ranked School for a Degree in Construction Management - Arlington, VA
- Top University for a Degree in Business Administration - Anaheim, CA
- Top University with Business Administration Degree - Fremont, CA
- Top Ranked Computer Security and Network Security Degree Program - Atlanta, GA
- Top International Business Management Degree Program - Kansas City, MO
- Top School for an Accounting Degree - Fremont, CA
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- C - M
- N - Y
- Nearby States