Online Anatomy Classes Offered Free by Universities
A variety of colleges and universities offer online anatomy classes through OpenCourseWare (OCW) programs. These online classes are free and generally cover the same topics as classes taken in a traditional brick-and-mortar college. They do not, however, confer the degrees or credits offered by traditional programs.
What Universities Offer Online Anatomy Classes Free of Charge?
Colleges and universities offer OpenCourseWare (OCW) programs in a wide range of subjects. The information presented is the same as that from on-campus courses. OCW quizzes and exams are not graded and a student receives no certificate or credit for completed coursework. The programs generally consist of video lectures and seminars; ownloadable tests and quizzes are sometimes available as well. The results of quizzes and tests are not a part of these programs, and they are not graded.
University of California - Berkeley
UC - Berkeley offers a few free online lectures on topics related to anatomy and physiology. Video lectures cover the muscular system, the anatomy of the human eye, hematology and more. Guided video demonstrations with plastic models of vital organs are available as well, and students can learn about the heart and the kidneys.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
MIT's undergraduate OCW program introduces students to neuroanatomy. Students explore cognitive and neural processes, functional imaging techniques, cognition and how the brain measures cognition. Case studies on people with Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's, Huntington's and Balint's syndrome are also explored. Online course materials include lectures on the processes that control attention, vision, language, navigation, memory and motor controls. PDFs containing study questions are available for download as well.
Carnegie Mellon University
This school's Open Learning Initiative hosts an undergraduate-level course on anatomy and physiology. The course's 15 units cover all systems of the human body, including the digestive, respiratory and nervous systems. Practice questions with answers and short videos are available in many of the academic modules.
Related to Anatomy Class Online
- Recently Updated
Anatomy and physiology instructors guide college students in the study of the structure and function of the human body....
Anatomy and physiology are the studies of the inner workings of the human body - what's inside and how it works. These subjects...
Anatomy and physiology are often taught together in the same course or adjacently within a degree program. Although they are...
The study of human anatomy involves examining the systems, form and structure of the human body. It is usually coupled with...
- Anatomy and Physiology Coursework Overview
- Why Are Community College Students Dropping Out of Their Online Classes?
- Pros and Cons of Online Classes: Info for Students
- Medical Records Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Online Art Bachelors Degree Program Information
- Top School in Raleigh for Becoming a Computer Security Professional
- Building Inspector: Educational Requirements and Employment Outlook
- How Much Do Online Classes for LPNs Cost Typically?
- Online Courses and Classes in Applied Science
- Intra-Oral Dental Assistant: Salary, Requirements and Career Info
- Top Computer Security Bachelor Degree Program in Colorado Springs
- Building Superintendent: Job Description, Responsibilities and Outlook