Online Bachelor of Electronics College Degree Programs
College programs in electronics teach students how to work with computer applications, digital circuits, wireless systems and computer programming. Online electronics bachelor's degree programs may be taken entirely online. Read on to learn more.
Degree Program Overview
Online electronics bachelor's degree programs include the Bachelor of Science in Electronic Technology and Electronic Engineering. Students receive training in engineering principles as they apply to general electronic systems, information technology and micro-electronics. In some programs, students can apply to receive credit for work experience, which allows them to gain valuable hands-on industry experience prior to graduation.
Course Topics and Specializations
The core curriculum of distance learning electronics bachelor's degree programs frequently includes instruction and laboratory assignments in the topics listed below.
- Communications systems
- Computer networking
- Computer programming
- Digital circuits
- Electric circuits
- Microcomputer applications
- Semiconductors and superconductivity
- Wireless communication systems
Students can also choose elective programs that allow them to focus on specialized topics in electronics, such as the following:
- Alternative energy systems
- Radio wave and optical signals
- Industrial electronics
Online Learning Format
Students in online electronics bachelor's programs can participate in online discussion forums and message boards with professors and peers alike. In addition, they may complete work in virtual laboratory classes, troubleshooting digital systems and exploring microprocessor technology.
Students may need access to a Web camera that can take video and still photos, and they may need a 3D graphics card. A minimum of a USB 2.0 port may be another requirement. Additional hardware and software components may be required as well.
Related to Distance Learning Bachelor of Electronics Degree
- Recently Updated
Read about electronics engineering bachelor's degree programs. Learn about curricula, areas of specialization, career options...
Situated five miles outside of Miami in Coral Gables, FL, the University of Miami is a 4-year institution that features 12...
With well-respected academic programs and a sought-after sunny Southern California climate, the University of California, Los...
Electronic machinery and engines operate better when they are free of such pollutants as dirt, grease, dust, oil, mold,...
- Online Electronics Schools and Colleges: How to Choose
- All About Online Bachelor's Degree Programs
- Masters Degree in Electronics: Program Overviews
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin Education and City Information
- List of Top Colleges with Movie Directing Programs
- Heating and Cooling Science: Education and Training Program Information
- Bachelors Degrees for Aspiring Chefs: Degree Program Options
- Global Sales Manager Employment Info for Students Considering a Career in Global Sales Management
- Certified Occupational Health Nurse
- Certified Financial Manager Job Description and Requirements for Becoming a Certified Financial Manager
- Campus Recreation Administrator Employment Information and Requirements for a Career in Campus Recreation