Online Biochemistry Courses Offered Online for Free by MIT
Biochemistry focuses on the many chemical processes that take place in biological organisms. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) offers free online courses in biochemistry. Students can pursue online education in biochemistry from MIT independently and on their own schedule.
How Do Online Courses Offered by MIT Work?
Courses offered online by MIT are available to any student anywhere in the world completely free of charge. Interested students don't need to possess a high school diploma to begin free online MIT courses.
Be aware, however, that classes offered online don't count toward for college credit at any university. While free online classes from MIT offer examination questions for course subjects, the answers aren't available. Students aren't expected to actually complete assignments and lectures in any free online MIT classes.
Students have access to a variety of course materials, including lecture videos and notes, homework problem sets and sample exams, but they do not have the opportunity to interact directly with a professor. Online courses at MIT are completely self-directed.
Biochemical Engineering Course Overview
Biochemical engineering courses incorporate aspects of various subjects, like chemical engineering and microbiology. Students learn about the technical and chemical specifics behind such principles as metabolism, fermentation and protein building. Additional subject material covers enzymes, mass transfer and microbial systems.
Biochemistry and Pharmacology of Synaptic Transmission
Covering the chemicals working in the brain and central nervous system, this online class at MIT explores a range of interesting topics with applications in anatomy, psychology and medicine. Students in this course study concepts in neuroscience, such as the synaptic process and the function and structure of neurotransmitters. Special attention is paid to the more advanced function of monoamine transmitters, neuromodulators and neurological diseases.
Separation Processes for Biochemical Products
Offering an introduction to the various processes used in biochemical manufacturing, this online MIT class covers the use of basic tools and techniques, like centrifugation, extraction and chromatography. Students pay specific attention to information involving the use of technology to derive from biochemical products, such as membrane filtration, cell disruption and process design. Lectures in this course, like all free MIT classes available online, were pre-recorded during a past semester.
Related to Biochemistry Courses Online
- Recently Updated
Students can enroll in online biochemistry classes as stand-alone courses or as part of online or hybrid degree...
While online biochemistry courses may be offered by any number of institutions, full online biochemistry degree...
Metabolic biochemistry is the study of how cells within living organisms derive energy and then use that energy to...
Biochemistry majors may find jobs with pharmaceutical companies, government agencies and health organizations....
- Biochemistry Master's Degree Program Overviews
- PHD Programs in Biochemistry: Degree Program and Career Information
- Biochemistry Technologist: Job Description and Career Advancement Info
- Top Computer Technology University - Indianapolis, IN
- Top School for a Degree in Business Administration - Charlotte, NC
- Top Criminal Justice and Corrections Administration School - Los Angeles, CA
- Top School with a Master's in MIS Degree Programs - Jacksonville, FL
- How to Become a Protein Biochemistry Research Associate
- Medical Biochemistry Careers: Job Options and Requirements
- Top School for Earning a Degree in Information Technology - Fort Wayne, IN
- Top Degree Programs for Web Design and Multimedia - Anaheim, CA
- Top Ranked Office Management and Office Administration Degrees - Miami, FL