Online Class in Database Management with Course Descriptions
Online classes in database management are offered as part of degree and certificate programs or as standalone courses at quite a few colleges and universities. Keep reading for more information and course descriptions.
Online Database Management Class and Program Overviews
Online courses in database management are offered through university extension departments and computer science departments, individually and as part of both graduate and undergraduate degree and certificate programs in database management and related areas. Program examples include the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and a graduate certificate in database management and business intelligence. Students learn about computer operation, troubleshooting, security, analysis, recovery and databases transfer.
While the majority of online classes are continuing education courses that require students to have some previous experience with database management, some certificate and degree programs offer introductory classes as well. Online classes are offered in self-paced and fixed-date formats, though both require Internet access to obtain course materials, interact with professors and take tests.
Online classes are offered at a range of levels, from basic operations to more advanced classes in database system implementation and programming. Additionally, many classes focus on specific industry-standard database systems, including Oracle and Microsoft SQL. The following are a few of the common courses students can expect to find.
Database Management Fundamentals and Administration
Students gain a basic understanding of database models and environments as they learn to manage database components. Topics discussed include the following:
- Data input
- Data sorting (tables, filters and queries)
- Database troubleshooting
- Database security
Database Design and Implementation
Students in upper-level courses acquire a better understanding of database system structures and learn structured query language (SQL). These skills prepare them to plan, design and set-up relational, network and object-oriented databases. Students also learn to perform and design the following database functions:
- Report generation
- Data analysis using multiple constraints
- Data recovery and transfer
- Maintenance of data consistency and integrity
Database System Programming
This online class emphasizes the computer programming aspects of database management. Through instruction in advanced SQL and other programming languages, students learn to design the following database system functions:
- Web applications
- Database triggers
- Report forms
- Security configuration
Related to Distance Learning Courses in Database Management
- Recently Updated
Research bachelor's and master's degree programs in database management. Learn about courses, employment outlook and continuing...
Master's degree programs in database management focus on the organization, storage and security of a company's information....
Database managers design, install and maintain database systems that are used in a number of industries from financial...
Online database management degree programs prepare students for employment in creating, integrating, maintaining and...
- Bachelor in Database Management: Program Information
- Distance Learning Database Administrator Degree Information
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Database Degree Overview
- Detention Officer Training Program Information
- 10 Places to Get a Free Business Education Online
- Top University in Nashville for Teaching & School Administration Degrees
- Top Computer Animation School - Long Beach, CA
- Database Architecture Education Requirements and Career Information
- Salary for an MBA in Management: Average Earnings of Recent Grads
- Top College for Becoming a Computer Software Engineer - Westminster, CO
- Veterinary Continuing Education Options and Requirements
- Top Rated CAD Design Courses and Degree Programs - Oxnard, CA