Online Classes to Be a Legal Executive Assistant
Those interested in becoming legal executive assistants can find relevant online classes through several colleges and universities. Keep reading for more information.
An individual employed as a legal executive assistant is often referred to as a paralegal. Paralegals have the important task of giving administrative and legal assistance to lawyers and other legal professionals. Online classes for paralegals are typically offered as part of certificate and associate's degree programs in legal assisting.
How Online Legal Executive Assistant Classes Work
A computer and a high-speed Internet connection are generally all that is needed to begin taking legal assisting classes online. These online classes utilize the latest in distance learning technology, including electronic blackboards, instant messaging and web conferencing software.
Most distance learning legal assisting programs are offered completely online. In other words, students will do everything online, including applying to the program, registering for classes, buying textbooks and completing coursework. However, some programs require students to participate in occasional in-house seminars or group field trips to local law libraries or criminal courts. Prospective certificate or degree candidates should examine potential programs very carefully to ensure that the program requirements match their needs and abilities.
Legal assistants and paralegals work closely with licensed attorneys and interact with lawyers, clients and judges. Practicing or retired attorneys often provide most of the classroom instruction in online legal executive assistant classes. Prospective certificate or degree candidates can expect to receive training in a wide-range of legal subjects including:
- Family law
- Criminal law
- Real estate
- Writing and automated research
Job Outlook and Salary Information
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), job opportunities for paralegals and legal assistants were expected to increase 17% from 2012-2022. This above-average increase in job opportunities will be due to the growing need for paralegals and legal assistants, particularly in areas such as health care, finance and insurance. The median annual salary for paralegals and legal assistants was $47,570 as of May 2013 (BLS).
Related to Online Classes to Be a Legal Executive Assistant
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become an executive legal assistant. Research the education, career requirements and experience needed for...
Often called paralegals, legal executive assistants provide administrative support to lawyers and other legal professionals....
Learn about certificate programs for legal executive assistants, also known as legal secretaries. Get information on...
Read about the curriculum and requirements of an associate degree program for legal executive assistants. Find out about the...
- Certified Legal Assistant: Job Description & Requirements
- Top School in Indianapolis for Legal Assistant Training
- Online Legal Assistant Courses, Classes and Training Information
- Master of Health Education: Degree Overview
- Business Law Majors: Career Options and Requirements
- Master of Science (MS): Information Systems Management Degree Overview
- Associate's Degree in Radio & Video Production
- Executive Legal Secretary Training and Education Program Overviews
- Legal Administrative Assistant: Job Duties and Requirements
- Refrigeration Technology Training, Education and Career Information
- Undergraduate Electrical Engineering Distance Learning Courses
- Associate of Publishing Transcriptionist: Degree Overview