Online Classes to Be a Legal Executive Assistant
Those interested in becoming legal executive assistants can find relevant online classes through several colleges and universities. Keep reading for more information.
Legal assistants and paralegals work closely with licensed attorneys and interact with lawyers, clients and judges. Online classes for paralegals are typically offered as part of certificate and associate's degree programs in legal assisting. Practicing or retired attorneys often provide most of the classroom instruction in online legal executive assistant classes. Some programs require students to participate in occasional in-house seminars or group field trips to local law libraries or criminal courts.
Prospective certificate or degree candidates can expect to receive training in a wide-range of legal subjects including:
- Family law
- Criminal law
- Real estate
- Writing and automated research
How Online Learning Works
A computer and a high-speed Internet connection are generally all that is needed to begin taking legal assisting classes online. These online classes utilize the latest in distance learning technology, including electronic blackboards, instant messaging and web conferencing software.
Job Outlook and Salary Information
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), job opportunities for paralegals and legal assistants were expected to increase 17% from 2012-2022. This above-average increase in job opportunities will be due to the growing need for paralegals and legal assistants, particularly in areas such as health care, finance and insurance. The median annual salary for paralegals and legal assistants was $47,570 as of May 2013.
Related to Online Classes to Be a Legal Executive Assistant
- Recently Updated
Learn how to become an executive legal assistant. Research the education, career requirements and experience needed for...
Often called paralegals, legal executive assistants provide administrative support to lawyers and other legal professionals....
Learn about certificate programs for legal executive assistants, also known as legal secretaries. Get information on...
Read about the curriculum and requirements of an associate degree program for prospective legal executive assistants. Find out...
- Certified Legal Assistant: Job Description & Requirements
- Top School in Indianapolis for Legal Assistant Training
- Online Legal Assistant Courses, Classes and Training Information
- Surgeon: Career Summary and Required Education
- Certified Nurse Paralegal: Job Description and Certification Info
- Top Columbus Graduate School for a Human Resource Management Degree
- Career Info for a Degree in Healthcare Administration
- Executive Legal Secretary Training and Education Program Overviews
- Legal Administrative Assistant: Job Duties and Requirements
- Cosmetic Dermatologist: Job Duties, Salary and Requirements
- Careers in Protein Chemistry: Job Options and Requirements
- Data Center Manager: Job Description, Duties and Requirements