Online College Diploma Program Overviews
Online college diploma programs provide career training similar to that of technical school programs. Online diploma programs can also serve as a starting point to an associate's or bachelor's degree. Typical programs of study include electrician training, floral design, web design, marketing and automotive repair.
What are Online College Diploma Programs?
Online diploma programs have one of two purposes: to prepare students to enter the job market immediately upon graduation or to serve as an entryway to an associate's or bachelor's degree program. Online degree programs are generally geared toward busy adults who need a bit of flexibility in their schedules, such as those in the military or adults juggling work and family responsibilities. Individuals who may find it difficult to attend classes on campus, such as the disabled or those who lack suitable transportation, can also benefit from online diploma programs. Typical areas of study include auto technology, accounting, computer networking, graphic design, medical transcription, basic electronics and business administration.
Online Diploma Program Requirements
Online diploma programs can usually be completed in nine to 12 months. Some programs allow students to enroll at any time and begin classes immediately after enrolling. Others may have start dates that coincide with the school's regular on-campus schedule. Classes generally can be completed at the convenience of the students, who typically have round-the-clock access to lectures and other course materials through online educational platforms such as Blackboard. Students can also communicate with instructors and fellow classmates via e-mail, chat, instant messaging and an online help desk.
Online diploma programs can be completed entirely online or in a hybrid arrangement. Hybrid programs require that students complete part of their studies online and the other part in the classroom. Online diploma programs may also offer individual hybrid classes. Hybrid classes, like complete hybrid programs, are completed partially on-campus and partially online. Students receive face-to-face support and are able to collaborate with faculty and other classmates online as well as in the classroom.
Related to Online College Diploma
- Recently Updated
Our technologically rich society offers many opportunities for students who cannot attend a traditional college....
Balancing your responsibilities as a parent with all of your school-related commitments is no easy task. If you're...
Deciding to be an online student can be a serious commitment, since it requires you to be a self-motivated and...
Many academic professionals think online classes will play a major role in the future of college education, but a...
- More Than One in Four College Students Take Courses Online
- 10 Free Online Calculators to Estimate College Costs
- Online Academic Journals Available to Everyone...Not Just College Students
- Best University Degree Programs in HVAC Technology - Kansas City, MO
- Top Master's Degree Program in Health Care Management - Columbus, OH
- Top Ranked Public Administration Degree Program - San Francisco, CA
- Top Medical Assisting School - Cincinnati, OH
- 40 Places for College Students to Find Free Unabridged Books Online
- Online Aviation Diploma and Certificate Program Information
- Top Ranked International Business Degree Program - Columbus, OH
- Best School for a Degree in Computer Networking - Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Best School for Learning Digital Media and Multimedia - Phoenix, AZ