Online Courses in Sport Nutrition with School Overviews
Sports nutritionists, exercise physiologists and athletic trainers study sports nutrition. Online sport nutrition courses can be taken as continuing education or as part of master's certificate programs. Find schools and course overviews below.
Online stand-alone courses and certificate programs in nutrition are available through several different schools in the nation. Studies can usually be completed at a student's pace, though assignments may have deadlines. In addition, communication can often be completed through e-mail, chat rooms and virtual discussion forums. These courses and programs examine sports enhancement and sports psychology and are available in a fully online format.
Available Courses and Programs
Sports Nutrition and Ergogenic Aids Course
This stand-alone online course is offered at Los Angeles Trade-Tech. It covers the nutrient classes of protein, fat, carbohydrates, vitamins, water and minerals. The course also addresses other topics in sports performance enhancement. Students learn about the following topics:
- Pre-exercise and post-exercise nutrition
- Weight control
- Eating disorders
- Nutritional supplements
- Anabolic steroids
- Blood doping, masking and detection methods
- Ethical issues
Certificate in Sports Nutrition (C.S.N.)
This program is offered through Simmons College's School of Health Sciences. Students who already hold a bachelor's degree and have completed prerequisite anatomy and nutrition courses can complete a C.S.N. program from home in 1-2 years. This is a 4-course online certificate program that prepares students for the American College of Sports Medicine Health/Fitness Instructors Exam. Course topics covered in this curriculum include the following:
- Assessing and prescribing exercise
- Business for sports nutrition
- Sports psychology
- Wellness through nutrition
Certificate in Nutrition for Optimal Health, Wellness and Sports
George Mason University offers this online certificate of completion program, which is self-paced and designed to be completed within 180 days. This program is for health professionals, dietitians, fitness instructors and personal trainers. Throughout this series, students learn to develop personalized nutrition programs for clientele, patients and themselves. The university's Office of Continuing Professional Education requires that students in this online program achieve at least a 70% score in order to receive the certificate of completion. Course topics include the following:
- Energy and nutrient needs for daily living and sports
- Common diet and athletic performance myths
- Behavioral modifications
- Age-specific approaches to diet
Overview of Schools
The School of Health Sciences at Simmons College includes a dedicated Department of Online Teaching and Learning that oversees distance education graduate programs in sports nutrition, physical therapy and health professions education. Online course instructors are trained to tailor their teaching to a distance learning environment.
- Address: 300 The Fenway, Boston, MA 02115
- Phone Number: (617) 521-2000
George Mason University
The Office of Continuing Professional Education at George Mason University partners with Gatlin Education Services to offer programs leading to Certificates of Completion. The certificate program tuition includes all course materials, and tests are taken online.
- Address: 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030
- Phone Number: 703-993-1000
Los Angeles Trade-Tech
Los Angeles Trade-Tech (LATTC) is a 2-year, public trade school. It takes students out of the traditional classroom setting, offering several degrees and certifications fully online.
- Address: 400 W. Washington Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Phone Number: (213) 763-7000
Related to Online Courses in Sports Nutrition
- Recently Updated
Several colleges and universities offer online courses in health and nutrition. Read on to learn about the most commonly...
See our list of the top free online nutrition courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to...
Learn who can enroll in a clinical nutrition certificate program and how certification in the field can be earned. Get...
Nutrition majors typically have an interest in science, health and human physiology. For those who fall into this category,...
- Top Schools with Nutrition PhD Programs
- Jobs and Salary Info for a Bachelors Degree in Nutrition
- Overview of Sports Nutrition Courses
- Top-Rated Information Systems Security Degree in Greenville, SC
- Top Ranked Nursing School - Los Angeles, CA
- Magazine Journalist: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top Ranked Psychology Degree Programs - Chicago, IL
- Online Schools for Fitness and Nutrition Degrees: How to Choose
- Online Undergraduate Nutrition Degree Program Options
- Top School in Charlotte with Banking and Lending Career Education
- Top School in Sioux Falls, SD, for Computer Science Degrees
- Licensed Vocational Nurse: Salary, Duties and Requirements
- Family Violence Prevention Counselor Job Description and Information for a Career in Family Prevention of Violence
- Electrical Engineering - EE Professions Employment Information and Requirements for Electrical Engineering Careers
- Quality Assurance Engineer Software Requirements for a Career in Software Quality Assurance Engineering
- Hilliard, Ohio (OH) Colleges