Online Cybersecurity Master's Degree Program Information
Cyber security is a profession that is growing along with the expansion of the Internet and the fusion of business with technology. It focuses on keeping one's Internet experience safe. The following article details master's degree programs in cyber security which may be taken online. Online cyber security programs are available for experienced IT professionals who want to further their careers, as well as those with work experience in the field, but no further training.
Online Cybersecurity Master's Degree Programs
A master's program in cyber security provides students with the skills to protect networks, communication and data. Ever since the Y2K bug of the new millennium and the September 11, 2001, terrorist attack, the field of cyber security has grown rapidly. Many more people use the Internet these days for communication, shopping, travel plans, research, banking and entertainment; therefore, issues of cyber security have become more and more relevant. Interest in a cyber security degree program has increased, with a number are these program online-based, allowing students to complete their studies entirely over the Internet. As in an on-campus program, students in an online program learn to plan, implement and manage enterprise level security and system integrity. The program is designed for experienced IT professionals who want to further their careers, as well as those with work experience in the field, but no further training.
Typical Online Courses
Online cyber security master's degree programs can be found at a number of colleges and universities, and many allow students to choose the pace at which they complete their coursework. Many online programs use a course management site, such as Blackboard, to post assignments, lectures and discussions for students to complete. Cyber security programs are highly adaptable to an online format. Because of their nature, some online cyber security master's degree programs prepare students for IT certification exams, including CompTIA Network+, PW0-200 Wireless LAN Security Exam, EC-Council Disaster Recovery Professional Exam, EC-Council Ethical Hacking and Countermeasures and EC-Council Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator.
Courses include the following:
- Security planning and management
- Leadership and professionalism
- Information technology and system security
- Wireless security
- Cyber law, regulations and compliance
- Network security, hacking, vulnerability, assessment, security policies and standards
- Information security
- Network intrusion
Possible Cyber Security Careers
- Network security specialist
- Network administrator
- Information security technician
- Network or cyber security expert
- Cyber forensics and investigation
Related to Online Cybersecurity Master's Degree Program
- Recently Updated
An online master's degree program in photography helps students learn to take pictures that are aesthetically pleasing and...
Students interested in the study of public and private transportation systems, and their development and maintenance, can...
Through an online master's degree program in film, students learn how to direct, shoot and edit short and feature length...
Earning a degree in music performance requires the personal instruction found in a traditional college program. However, one...
- Online Aviation Masters Degree Program Overview
- Online Illustration Masters Degree Program Information
- Online Masters Degree in Mediation: Program Overview
- Become an Art Librarian: Education and Career Roadmap
- LPN Charge Nurse: Responsibilities, Requirements and Career Outlook
- Quality Assurance Technician: Job Duties & Career Info
- Medical Engineer: Job Description & Career Info