Online Early Childhood Development Career Training Options
Early childhood development concentrates on the education and care of young children. Training courses in early childhood development involve the study of psychology, youth instruction and law. While degrees in early childhood development are available online, students can take training programs offered by government agencies or non-profit institutions of higher education.
Early Childhood Development Online Training Programs
Distance learning programs in early childhood development help students learn strategies and techniques for teaching young children. Individuals interested in pursuing early childhood development training online must complete assignments and examinations with various technologies, such as e-mail, instant messaging and pre-recorded video lectures. A few early childhood development training programs offered online include classes conducted through video conferencing.
Enrollment in an online early childhood development training program requires a high school diploma or an equivalent. Some programs award certificates and can take around one year to complete; others offer no certificate and can be completed in a matter of weeks. Online training programs in early childhood development are primarily used by individuals working in day care centers and pre-schools.
Sample Online Early Childhood Development Curriculum
Anyone taking courses in distance learning early childhood development training programs must study various subjects in youth literacy, family dynamics and mental health. Certain online programs offering education in early childhood development also teach about administration, emergency medical procedures and small business accounting. An online early childhood development training program might include courses in the following:
- Numeracy development
- Youth assessment models
- Designing curricula for youth
- Classroom behavior
- Child care professional ethics
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), www.bls.gov, individuals working with children can expect solid job prospects in the coming years. The overall number of available career openings for child care workers will increase 11% between 2008 and 2018. A career in child care is perfect for anyone wanting to be their own boss. The BLS found 33% of child care workers are self-employed. The median hourly wage of a child care worker was $9.12 in May 2008, but self-employed individuals can earn significantly more. The localities paying child care workers the highest average annual salaries are the District of Columbia, New York and Connecticut.
Related to Online Early Childhood Development Career Training
- Recently Updated
Research the requirements to become a Child Development Associate. Learn about the job description and duties, and...
The difference between a diploma and an associate degree in early childhood development is usually one semester. This...
An individual interested in pursuing a career in working with young children might consider enrolling in a bachelor's...
Online early childhood development bachelor's degree programs are designed for those who aspire to become teachers or...
- Masters Degree in Early Childhood Development: Program Info
- Early Childhood Development: Adult Education Child Development Programs Summary
- How to Become a Development Engineer: Education and Career Roadmap
- Top Ranked Marketing MBA Degree Program - Columbus, OH
- Top School for a Degree in Architectural Drafting and Design - Albuquerque, NM
- Best Degree Programs for Computer Networking - Milwaukee, WI
- Top Ranked School for Computer Information Systems - Colorado Springs, CO
- How to Become a Development Director: Career Roadmap
- Personal Development Courses, Classes and Training Programs
- Top Networking Management University Programs - Houston, TX
- Top University with Business Marketing Degree Programs - Indianapolis, IN
- Best University for a Network Systems Administration Degree - Columbus, OH