Online Health Care Management Certificate and Diploma Programs
A program in health care management helps students gain administrative and leadership skills that can be applied to medical settings. Schools don't offer online diploma programs in this field of study, but read on to explore what certificate options entail.
Many schools - including traditional four-year universities and private online institutions - offer distance learning certificate programs designed to cover the business side of health care. Online health care management certificate programs train students in health care services, laws, ethics and project management. Specialties in health care management programs might include hospital administration, systems administration, clinical administration and medical practice administration.
Typically taking around a year to complete, most certificate programs in this field can be completed totally online. There are some schools, however, that could require a few short on-campus residencies or classes. Programs are available at the undergraduate and graduate levels, the latter of which requires prospective students to have bachelor's degrees. Some graduate programs are designed for professionals looking for advanced skills, so relevant work experience may be required for admission.
Like those on campus, distance learning certificate programs include courses in health care administration, business management and leadership. Programs may require students to complete online courses in a particular sequence. A culminating component, such as completing a research project or developing a business plan, may be part of the curriculum as well. Typical online classes include the following:
- Health care project management
- Health care human resources
- Communication in health care services
- Health care law and ethics
- Health care economics
Distance learning health care management certificate programs may include online assistance, an online health care library and software that facilitates communication between students and instructors. Some online programs include telephone conferences and tutoring with instructors. Lectures, assignments and other supplemental materials are usually provided through a virtual classroom environment that distance learners can access anytime.
Related to Online Diploma in Health Care Management
- Recently Updated
Health care management courses are generally offered through bachelor's and master's degree programs in health sciences, health...
Learn about course requirements for a healthcare management graduate certificate program. Keep reading to find out about...
There are few schools within a 25-miles radius of Spokane, WA, with degrees in health care management. Read about the top local...
Seattle has few schools with programs in health care management. Find the best program for you by reading about the top local...
- Top School in Colorado Springs for a Health Care Management Degree
- Best School for a Master's in Health Care Management - Austin, TX
- Bachelor of Health Care Management: Degree Overview
- Certified Wireless Network Administrator: Job Description
- Debt Collection Attorney: Job Description, Information and Requirements
- Top Accounting and Financial Management Degree Programs - Memphis, TN
- General Contractor: Intro to the Construction Management Field
- Bachelor of Science (BS): Health Care Management Degree Overview
- BS in Business - Health Care Management: Degree Overview
- Career Information for a Degree in Biomedical Technologies
- Top School in Jacksonville with Medical Lab Technician Training
- Beauty & Salon Product Distribution: Job Options & Career Requirements