Online Health Economics Course and Class Descriptions
Online courses in health economics can be found in degree and certificate programs in health sciences, health care administration and public health. Read on to learn about some common topics covered in health economics courses.
Online Health Economics Course Information
In health economics courses, students study ways to promote health by examining health care systems, social problems, competition, costs and more. The fundamental principles of economics are applied to the complex U.S. health care system. Some courses offer insight into the systems of other countries, but most courses focus on the United States.
Students seeking online training in health economics have several options. They can enroll in graduate certificate or master's degree programs in health economics, health administration or public health. These programs often include several courses related to health economics and can be found in fully online and partially online formats. Learners looking for stand-alone course options related to health economics can also find some continuing education and non-credit courses available from universities and public health organizations.
Health economics courses may consider organizational planning, operations and efficiency of health care systems. Students study how health care policies of hospitals and other organizations impact health care economics, as well as how health services operate within the health care market. Health insurance is also a topic of study in online health economics courses. Specific online health economics courses may include:
- Health Economics Principles: Students study how people make health care decisions by examining areas like health insurance, costs, health regulations and politics. The course may also cover how institutions can affect the decisions people make.
- Health Economics Analysis: This course prepares students to evaluate the relationships between health care resources, consumers and providers. Students learn to make predictions and recommendations related to costs and outcomes.
- Health Informatics: This statistics-based course focuses on the collection, storage and presentation of health care data. Students learn how to use this data for making decisions regarding health policies.
- Health Care Business Economics: Students who enroll in this course learn how to apply finance, economics, business and health care informatics principles in order to analyze or create care delivery models for health care systems.
- Public Health Economics: In this course, students study private and social welfare in health care and learn to apply economic tools to public policy. Courses may also teach them to understand how the private sector influences health policy and how the government can impact public health.
Related to Online Health Economics Course
- Recently Updated
Health economics courses explore the business of providing health care. From health insurance and managed care to regulations...
Several types of master's and doctoral degree programs teach their students to apply economic principles to the method and...
Learn about various aspects of health with these free online courses. See the full list of free health courses and find the...
See our list of the top free online health courses. Learn about what courses are available and what topics they cover to find...
- Advanced Degrees for Better Health?
- List of High-Paying Health Professions: Career Overviews
- Top Economics Programs: List of Top U.S. Schools
- Career Information for a Degree in Communications Technologies
- Top School for a Career in Accounting and Finance - Orlando, FL
- Careers in Private Security: Job Options and Requirements
- Top School Offering a Degree Program in Child Development - Oxnard, CA