Graduate Level Academic Scholarships
Nursing and Health
A $500 award will be given to a student pursuing a graduate degree program emphasizing Nursing or Health Administration.
Last Year's Winner — $500 Award
Ferris State University
Nursing and Health Administration
"What I would love to do is be able to provide rural healthcare…Part of our school philosophy was set up by Mary Breckenridge, who made it a point that if you take care of a child, you, you can affect a nation eventually. And, by increasing health awareness and by improving living conditions, starting with women and children, then you in, in essence can affect an entire culture. Obtaining my advanced nursing degree in Family Practice medicine will place me in a position so that I can begin making a difference to those who are in one of the most medically under-served areas of the U.S."
Applicants should be pursuing any degree within a related Nursing or Health Administration program emphasis, such as one of the following:
- Master's in Family Nurse Practitioner
- Master's in Nursing
- Master's in Health Care Management
- Master's in Nurse Midwifery
- Master's in Nursing: Nurse Practitioner
- Master's in Nursing Administration
- Master's in Health Administration
- Master's in Health Informatics
Selection & Eligibility Criteria
Selection will be based on academic history and extracurricular activities. Financial need will not be considered.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent U.S. Resident
- Must be enrolled (or accepted) in an accredited college or university and planning on continuing the next year.
- Graduating high school seniors who meet the above mentioned criteria may apply.
- Must have a minimum of 30 semester or 45 quarter hours still to be completed.
- Must consent to provide a digital photograph of self and quote for display on Education Portal if notified as the award winner by the selection committee.
The winner will be notified following the deadline and the award will be sent directly to the recipient by check to the permanent mailing address noted in the application.
Academic award winners who accumulate more than $600.00 in prizes over a one-year period will be issued an IRS form 1099 (or the equivalent). This will require contest winners to provide Education Portal with certain personal information prior to receipt of their winnings.
Academic Award Provider
The academic award is provided by Education Portal. The application process is completely online.
Read the full scholarship terms and conditions.