Phlebotomy Certificates in Oregon with School Information
Research phlebotomy programs in Oregon, which currently has two schools offering programs. Read an overview of courses, tuition info and program options for these schools and decide which program is right for you.
Of the 54 public and private nonprofit colleges in Oregon, only two - Portland Community College and Southwestern Oregon Community College - offer phlebotomy training programs or certificates. Common admissions requirements for these programs include successful criminal background checks, proof of current immunizations, and passing scores on placement exams. Applicants will also need a high school diploma or GED. A clinical practicum is required, so students will need to submit to a drug test. The phlebotomy certificate programs take about one year to complete. Read more about these programs ahead, along with other details about tuition and curricula.
Portland Community College
Located in Portland, this community college offers phlebotomy training through its CLIMB Center for Advancement and Career Pathways Program. This short-term training combines classroom study with a clinical practicum. Course topics include methods for safely collecting and processing blood samples. Prospective phlebotomy technicians also study anatomy and physiology, laboratory information systems, and quality control. Students who enroll through the Career Pathways Program take a job search skills course as well.
The clinical portion consists of 100 hours of hands-on experience. Upon program completion, students are qualified to sit for the voluntary phlebotomy technician certification exam administered by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP).
- Program Offered: Phlebotomy Technician Training Program
- Program Cost (2013): $2,598 for the CLIMB Program; $3,027 for the Career Pathways Program*
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; large city
Southwestern Oregon Community College
Located in the coastal town of Coos Bay, Southwestern Oregon Community College offers a phlebotomy technician certificate. This 53-credit-hour program includes coursework in medical terminology, anatomy, basic and advanced phlebotomy, and medical law. It also requires students to complete 13 credits of clinical and cooperative work experience.
- Program Offered: Phlebotomy Technician Certificate of Completion
- Program Cost (2013): $4,187 for tuition, $1,555 for fees, $1,352 for books and supplies, and $67 for a background check**
- School Type & Setting: 2-year, public; remote town
School Comparison: At a Glance
|School Name||School Type & Setting||Phlebotomy Certificate Programs Offered||Program Costs (as of 2013)|
|Portland Community College||2-year, public; large city||Phlebotomy Technician Training Program|| $2,598 for the CLIMB Program;|
$3,027 for the Career Pathways Program*
|Southwestern Oregon Community College||2-year, public; remote town||Phlebotomy Technician Certificate of Completion||$4,187 for tuition, $1,555 for fees, $1,352 for books and supplies, and $67 for a background check**|
Sources: *Portland Community College, **Southwestern Oregon Community College
Related to Phlebotomy Certificate Oregon
- Recently Updated
Students interested in studying phlebotomy in Tampa, Florida, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
Learn how to become a phlebotomist. Research the education and career requirements, licensure and experience required for...
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a phlebotomist. Get a quick overview of the requirements - such as...
Read about the top schools for phlebotomy, through which students learn how to safely extract blood samples from humans. Learn...
- Bachelor's Degree in Phlebotomy: Program Information
- Phlebotomy Degree Program Options
- Online Phlebotomy Schools: How to Choose
- Oil & Gas Engineering Career Options and Requirements
- Top Ranked Business Accounting Degree Programs - Nashville, TN
- Informatics Coordinator: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Salary and Career Info for a Nurse with a Bachelor's Degree
- Online Phlebotomy Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Phlebotomy Courses and Educational Materials
- Chief Purchasing Officer: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Import-Export Clerk: Job Description, Duties and Requirements
- Top School in Morrisville, NC, for Computer Science Degrees