Phlebotomy Classes in Virginia with School Information
Phlebotomists collect and process blood and body fluid specimens for laboratory analysis in a variety of healthcare settings. To prepare for this career, individuals must complete an accredited postsecondary education in the field and then become certified. Danville College and Northern Virginia Community College both offer phlebotomy classes as part of certificate or associate degree programs in Virginia.
Phlebotomy Career Studies Certificate Program
This program blends classroom instruction with practical learning both on-campus and via affiliated clinical laboratories in Virginia. Students learn how to safely collect and process blood samples for medical laboratory analysis. Classes also emphasize reading, writing and communication skills, including a course devoted to medical terminology. Upon completion of 11 required credits, graduates are prepared to sit for the national examination to become Certified Phlebotomy Technicians.
Associate of Applied Science in Medical Lab Technology/Phlebotomy
Accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences, this program teaches the basic math, chemical, biological and physical concepts vital to laboratory medicine. Required phlebotomy classes cover medical laboratory techniques, hematology, blood banking and human pathogens. Students learn to perform routine tests on body fluids and correlate the results with disease processes. This program also includes a phlebotomy training component which prepares individuals to draw quality blood specimens while providing a comfortable environment for the patient. Graduates are eligible to take the national certification exams to become professional medical lab technicians or phlebotomists.
- Address: 4001 Wakefield Chapel Rd., Annandale, Virginia 22003-3796
- Phone Number: (703) 323-3000
Danville Community College's Phlebotomy Classes
Established in 1890, Danville Community College originated as a military support facility. Today, the undergraduate public school serves over 6,000 students each year as a member of the Virginia Community College System. The college offers associate degree, certificate and diploma programs, including a career studies option for aspiring phlebotomists.
Phlebotomy Career Studies Certificate
This 12-credit certificate program includes classes in biology, clinical phlebotomy and medical terminology. Students learn how to collect blood samples for laboratory analysis through hands-on clinical practice. Upon completion of the program, students are prepared for entry-level phlebotomy positions in hospitals, clinics, labs, research facilities and private healthcare practices.
- Address: 1008 South Main Street, Danville, Virginia 24541
- Phone Number: (434) 797-2222
Related to Phlebotomy Classes in Virginia
- Recently Updated
Students interested in studying phlebotomy in Tampa, Florida, have only a few schools to choose from. Read about the top local...
Learn how to become a phlebotomist. Research the education and career requirements, licensure and experience required for...
A phlebotomist is a healthcare professional who is trained to draw blood from a patient in a safe and sanitary manner....
Phlebotomists are trained in procedures for safely extracting blood samples from humans. Those interested in phlebotomy can...
- Phlebotomy Degree Program Options
- Online Phlebotomy Schools: How to Choose
- Online Phlebotomy Certification, Certificate and Training Overviews
- Farm Equipment Mechanic: Job Description & Career Info
- Nurse Practitioner Vs. Masters Degree in Nursing: What's the Difference?
- Drywall Installer: Employment Info & Requirements
- Become a Structural CAD Technician
- List of Free Online Phlebotomy Courses and Educational Materials
- Bachelor's Degree in Phlebotomy: Program Information
- Schools for Aspiring Small Animal Veterinarians: How to Choose
- Mail Handler: Career Info and Requirements for Becoming a Mail Handler
- Income and Career Info for a Bachelors in Graphic Design Graduate
Perfect School Search
- A - C
- D - N
- N - W
- Nearby States