AAS in Information Technology Support Specialist
Baker College's Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist program is designed to prepare students to provide technical support to others. Learn more about the Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist program at Baker College here.
Official Program Name:
Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist
School Offering Program:
Potential applicants to the Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist program at Baker College should be interested in learning how they can assist individuals with computer problems. Applicants to Baker College's associate's degree programs should have earned a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent.
Baker College's Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist program gives students the opportunity to learn about business software applications and information processes. Major courses are designed to teach computer operating systems, maintenance concepts, customer contact skills, database management, software solutions, programming, network security, and networking essentials. Students also have the chance to learn about installing, configuring, user training, and troubleshooting. This program includes general education courses in English, information systems, math, speech communications, writing, and psychology. Students must complete a work experience project.
Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid counseling is available to all Baker College students, and aid opportunities are available for those who qualify. Financial assistance opportunities include academic scholarships, grants, loans, and work aid.
Required Courses for an Associate of Applied Science with a Concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Baker College to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Information Technology Support Specialist Major Courses (69 credits)
- CIS 106B: Computer Operating Systems and Maintenance I
- CIS 107B: Computer Operating Systems and Maintenance II
- CIS 119A: iSeries CL and File Design
- CIS 211: Information Technology Customer Service and Support
- CIS 302A: Intermediate Database Management
- CIS 310: Visual BASIC
- CIS 313A: Intermediate Spreadsheets
- CIS 314: Advanced Software Solutions
- CIS 331: Database Management Using SQL
- CS 111: Introduction to Programming
- CSS 211: Introduction to Network Security
- LUX 205: Introduction to Linux/Unix
- MNP 171: Windows Vista Configuration
- MNP 221: Configuring Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure
- NET 101: Networking Essentials I
- NET 102: Networking Essentials II
- WRK 218: Work Experience Project
- WRK 291B: Professional Career Strategies
General Education Courses (30 credits)
- ENG 101: Composition I
- ENG 102: Composition II
- INF 112: Word Processing
- INF 113: Electronic Spreadsheets
- INF 114A: Introduction to Database Applications
- MTH 111: Introductory Algebra
- SPK 201: Oral Communication
- WRI 115: Workplace Communication
- PSY 101: Human Relations OR PSY 111: General Psychology
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete the Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist program at Baker College could be interested in earning a bachelor's degree in information technology. This might increase their knowledge of working with computers and possibly prepare them for advanced positions in the information technology field.
Bachelor's degree options include but are not limited to:
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology in Computer Systems
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology Management
- Bachelor in Information Systems Technology
Graduates of Baker College's Associate of Applied Science with a concentration in Information Technology Support Specialist program could be able to pursue employment in the information technology field. Their work might include providing support to computer users or troubleshooting computer software and hardware problems.
Positions students could be able to seek include:
- Computer support specialist
- Field service technician
- Help-desk technician
- Information technology specialist
- Information technology support specialist
- Support technician
- Technical consultant
- Technical support specialist
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.