AS in Surgical Technologist
Everest University's Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist program is designed to prepare students for careers providing surgical care to patients. Read more about the Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist program at Everest University here.
Official Program Name:
Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist
School Offering Program:
Before enrolling in the Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist program at Everest University students must pass an entrance exam, physical exam, criminal background check and be interviewed by the Program Director. They should be interested in learning about the medical and surgical field. Applicants to Everest University should have earned a high school diploma or GED; some programs may have additional requirements.
Everest University's Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist program includes composition, environmental science, algebra, psychology and oral communications courses. Major courses give students the opportunity to learn about medical terminology, surgical technology principles, anatomy and physiology, human body diseases, infection control, and surgical pharmacology and surgical procedures. Students have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through two clinical rotations where they are supervised in clinical areas and operating rooms. After successfully completing this program, students are eligible to take the National Certifying Surgical Technologist Examination.
The Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist program at Everest University consists of 98 credits and can be completed in 24 months.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Students can meet with Everest University's Student Finance Planners to learn about available financial aid opportunities.
Required Courses for an Associate in Science in Surgical Technologist:
Programs and schedules vary by campus. Contact an Everest University admissions representative for more information about prerequisite requirements before enrolling in a program.
College Core Requirements
- Computer Applications (4 credits)
- Strategies for Success (4 credits)
- Career Skills and Portfolio Development (2 credits)
Major Core Requirements
- Medical Terminology (4 credits)
- Surgical Technology Principles and Practices (4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology I (4 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology II (4 credits)
- Diseases of the Human Body (4 credits)
- Microbiology and Infection Control (4 credits)
- Surgical Pharmacology (4 credits)
- Surgical Technology I (4 credits)
- Surgical Technology II (4 credits)
- Surgical Procedures I (6 credits)
- Surgical Procedures II (6 credits)
- Clinical Rotation I (5 credits)
- Clinical Rotation II (11 credits)
General Education Requirements
- Composition I (4 credits)
- Composition I (4 credits)
- Environmental Science (4 credits)
- College Algebra (4 credits)
- General Psychology (4 credits)
- Oral Communications (4 credits)
After completing the Associate of Science in Surgical Technologist program at Everest University, students could pursue entry-level employment as a Surgical Technologist. Surgical technologists work under the supervision of a surgeon to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive surgical procedures by, ensuring the operating room environment is safe, the equipment functions properly, and the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety..
Positions students could be able to pursue include:
- Surgical Technologist
- Traveling Surgical Technologist
- Medical Products Representative
- Surgical Technology Advancement to the role of Surgical Assistant
- Employment in the Material Management Department
- Employment as a Central Supply Technician
- Surgical Technologiast in Veterinary facility
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.