BS in Sports Marketing and Media
Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media program is designed to help students prepare for an exciting career in the entertainment and sports industry. Read on to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media
School Offering Program:
Full Sail University
Students enrolled in Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media are exposed to courses designed to teach them both the creative process and the marketing considerations involved in the sports entertainment industry. The program focuses on new media marketing, content creation, and distribution channels and social media presence. Students study different distribution channels that sports organizations use to connect with fans and consumers. Students are then given the opportunity to determine which channels are best suitable for the service required. The program also focuses on teaching students how to create compelling and engaging content for multiple platforms, some of which include television, mobile devices, and Internet.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Full Sail University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in the program.
Sports Marketing and Media
- SMM 4111: Business Project Management (4 credits)
- DGL 101: Digital Literacy (4 credits)
- SMM 4751: Global Sports Marketing Strategies (4 credits)
- SMM 1201: History of Sports Media (4 credits)
- PGY 1103: Introduction to Digital Photography (3 credits)
- MAN 2020: Introduction to Management (4 credits)
- MKT 210: Introduction to Marketing (4 credits)
- SMM 2801: Introduction to Media Relations (4 credits)
- PGY 2146: Introduction to Video (4 credits)
- WEB 2601: Introduction to Web Basics (4 credits)
- SMM 4833: Marketing Plans and Campaign Development (4 credits)
- SMM 3933: Mobility Technology and Marketing (4 credits)
- IMK 221: New Media Distribution Channels (3.5 credits)
- SMM 3751: Public Relations in Sports (4 credits)
- SMM 4621: Sales Promotions and New Media (4 credits)
- SMM 3561: Social Media and Sports Marketing (4 credits)
- SMM 3111: Sports Business Models (4 credits)
- SMM 3621: Sports Events and Entertainment (4 credits)
- SMM 4231: Sports Law and Contracts (4 credits)
- SMM 4413: Sports Licensing and Intellectual Property (4 credits)
- SMM 3231: Sports Marketing (4 credits)
- SMM 4951: Sports Marketing Final Project (4 credits)
- SMM 3413: Sports Marketing Research (4 credits)
- SMM 2201: Sports Media (4 credits)
- SMM 4561: Sports Sales and Sponsorships (4 credits)
- WEB 2703: Website Design and Editing (4 credits)
- ART 2007: Art History (4 credits)
- CLP 1006: Behavioral Science (4 credits)
- MGF 1213: College Mathematics (4 credits)
- CGS 1000: Computer Science and Internet† (4 credits)
- ENC 1101: English Composition I (4 credits)
- PPE 2110: Ethics and Psychology (4 credits)
- STA 2026: Introduction to Statistics (2.5 credits)
- SPC 1606: Public Speaking (4 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates from Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media program could pursue continuing education at the master's level. Earning a master's degree could help graduates pursue upper-level management or executive positions.
Master's degrees that graduates could pursue include but are not limited to:
- Master of Science in Internet Marketing
- Master of Fine Arts in Media Design
- Master of Science in Entertainment Business
Graduates from Full Sail University's Bachelor of Science in Sports Marketing and Media program could pursue entry-level positions with marketing companies. They could work in fields such as broadcasting, sports management positions, and sports promotion. They may work with professionals who manage other aspects of marketing and branding.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Media Content Producer
- Digital Content Coordinator
- Social Media Analyst
- Sports Event Management
- Web Reporter
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.