BS in Business Administration
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program offers coursework in management, accounting, marketing, operations and human resources that can help prepare students for entry-level management positions. Learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration at Grand Canyon University here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Students who wish to apply to Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program should have an interest in business and management.
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program at Grand Canyon University is designed to prepare students to be responsible and innovative leaders in today's global economy. Students enrolled in the program have the opportunity to study economics, business finance, marketing, and strategic management. They may also study the ethical and legal issues of business, production and operations management, and business statistics. Coursework focuses on areas of accounting, entrepreneurial studies, finance and economics, healthcare management, management of information systems, and marketing and sport management. In addition to business administration major courses, students must also complete their general education requirements.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business Administration Major
- ECN 220: Introduction to Economics (4 credits)
- ACC 250: Financial Accounting (4 credits)
- MKT 245: Principles of Marketing (4 credits)
- BUS 340: Ethical and Legal Issues in Business (4 credits)
- ACC 350: Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- MGT 420: Organizational Behavior and Management (4 credits)
- BUS 352: Business Statistics (4 credits)
- FIN 350: Fundamentals of Business Finance (4 credits)
- ECN 360: Intermediate Economics (4 credits)
- FIN 450: Intermediate Finance (4 credits)
- ACC 486: Financial Statement Analysis (4 credits)
- MGT 455: Production/Operations Management (4 credits)
- MKT 450: Marketing Management (4 credits)
- BUS 485: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program could continue their education by earning a master's degree in business or a related area. A master's degree could provide increased responsibilities at work or additional career choices.
Possible master's degrees graduates could pursue include, but are not limited to:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration with an emphasis in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Leadership
After completing the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, students are prepared to compete for entry-level management positions. Graduates may look for opportunities in both corporate and nonprofit settings, or even choose open their own small business.
Positions that graduates could purse include, but are not limited to:
- Financial controller
- Human resource manager
- Staff accountant
- Retail manager
- Administrative Manager
- Self-employed entrepreneur
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.