BS in Business Management
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management program at Grand Canyon University offers coursework in key areas of management, operations, marketing, accounting, and human resources that are designed to prepare students for entry-level management positions.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Applicants to the Bachelor of Science in Business Management program should be interested in developing a solid foundation in business knowledge and effective leadership skills.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Business Management program introduces students to fundamental principles in management, economics, marketing, accounting, and operations. Coursework includes macro- and micro-economics, international economics, financial accounting, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), business finance, and the application of statistics in business. Students can study integrated marketing concepts, e-commerce, branding and positioning strategies, and buyer behavior. The program is designed to offer students real-world management skills through the study of organizational design and development, organizational behavior, human resource management strategies, manufacturing and service operations management, and ethical leadership.
Federal financial aid, including loans, grants and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can learn more about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Management:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business Management Major
- MGT 240: Introduction to Management (4 credits)
- ECN 220: Introduction to Economics (4 credits)
- MKT 245: Principles of Marketing (4 credits)
- ACC 250: Financial Accounting (4 credits)
- BUS 340: Ethical and Legal Issues in Business (4 credits)
- BUS 352: Business Statistics (4 credits)
- FIN 350: Fundamentals of Business Finance (4 credits)
- MGT 420: Organizational Behavior and Management (4 credits)
- MGT 410: Servant Leadership (4 credits)
- MGT 434: Human Resources (4 credits)
- ENT 435: Entrepreneurship and Innovation (4 credits)
- MGT 455: Production/Operations Management (4 credits)
- MGT 492: Organizational Change and Development (4 credits)
- BUS 485: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Business Management program at Grand Canyon University may wish to continue their education and prepare for advanced career opportunities by pursuing a master's degree. Depending on their professional goals, graduates may be interested in business-related master's degree programs such as:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of Science in Business Management and Leadership
The Bachelor of Science in Business Management program can help students develop business knowledge and leadership skills that can be applied to nearly any business or industry. Graduates of the program could seek entry-level management positions in manufacturing companies, service-oriented businesses, small businesses, corporations, retail stores, and more. Examples of positions graduates may wish to pursue could include, but are not limited to:
- General manager
- Operations manager
- Human resources manager
- Office manager
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.