BS in Early Childhood Education
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program is designed for students interested in teaching kindergarten through eighth grade or individuals seeking teacher certification. Learn more about this program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program at Grand Canyon University is designed for students who wish to teach in grades K-8.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program is regionally accredited and approved by Arizona. Students are given the opportunity to learn about influences on education in America, issues currently faced by educators, diversity in classrooms, and educational psychology. Students also have the chance to learn how to engage students, manage a classroom, teach exceptional students, and teach science, math, English, literacy, and social studies. This program includes observations, 16 weeks of full-time student teaching, and a total of 105 practicum hours.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Early Childhood Education Major
- EDU 310: Exploring Education as a Profession (4 credits)
- EDU 215: Education Foundations and Framework (4 credits)
- EDU 230: Cultural Diversity in the Classroom (4 credits)
- EDU 223N: SEI English Language Teaching: Foundations and Methodologies (3 credits)
- EDU 313N: Education Psychology (3 credits)
- EDU 225: Instructional Technology (4 credits)
- EDU 450: Classroom Engagement and Management (4 credits)
- SPE 226: Educating the Exceptional Learner (4 credits)
- EED 364: Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment: Science and Mathematics (4 credits)
- EED 470: Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment: Literacy and Language Arts K-3 (4 credits)
- EED 465: Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment: Social Studies (4 credits)
- EED 475: Curriculum, Methods, and Assessment: Literacy and Language Arts 4-8 (4 credits)
- POS 301: Arizona and Federal Government (2 credits)
Early Childhood Content Area Courses
- EED 480N: Student Teaching Session A (6 credits)
- EED 480NB: Student Teaching Session B (6 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Students who complete Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program may be interested in pursuing a master's degree in elementary education. This might prepare them for advancement in the education field.
Master's degree options include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Arts in Education: Elementary Licensure
- Master of Arts in Education: Instructional Leadership
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Master in Early Childhood Development
- Master in Elementary Administration
Graduates of the Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education program at Grand Canyon University might be able to pursue entry-level employment as teachers. They might be able to teach kindergarten through eighth grade at a private or public school.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.