BS in Finance and Economics
The Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics program at Grand Canyon University helps prepare students for entry-level positions in banking, insurance and corporate finance. Learn more about Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics program here:
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics program at Grand Canyon University is intended for students who are interested in the banking and finance industries.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics program offers students the opportunity to study economics, financial accounting, managerial accounting and ethical and legal issues in business, such as intellectual property and contract law. Students can also learn about principles of marketing, branding and positioning, distribution strategies, and building and keeping a customer base in an e-commerce global market. The program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in banking and finance and investigates financial institutions, the Federal Reserve System, the securities market, portfolio management, and international trade and finance.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Finance and Economics
- ECN 220: Introduction to Economics (4 credits)
- ACC 250: Financial Accounting (4 credits)
- MKT 245: Principles of Marketing (4 credits)
- BUS 340: Ethical and Legal Issues in Business (4 credits)
- ACC 350: Managerial Accounting (4 credits)
- MGT 420: Organizational Behavior and Management (4 credits)
- BUS 352: Business Statistics (4 credits)
- FIN 350: Fundamentals of Business Finance (4 credits)
- ECN 360: Intermediate Economics (4 credits)
- FIN 450: Intermediate Finance (4 credits)
- FIN 451: Investments and Portfolio Management (4 credits)
- MGT 455: Production/ Operations Management (4 credits)
- ECN 450: International Trade and Finance (4 credits)
- BUS 485: Strategic Management (4 credits)
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics program may choose to further their education and career choices by pursuing a master's degree. There are there are several related graduate degrees available.
Master's programs that graduates might choose to pursue include:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration: Finance
- Master of Business Administration: Accounting
- Master of Business Administration: Marketing
- Master of Science in Accounting
After completing the Bachelor of Science in Finance and Economics program at Grand Canyon University graduates are prepared to pursue entry-level positions in the financial sector. Graduates may find work in places such as banks, investment firms, and corporations. They may also be able to find employment as private consultants.
Some positions graduates could pursue might be:
- Banking branch manager
- Financial analyst
- Financial advisor
- Business analyst
- Financial management consultant
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.