BS in Marketing
Students who wish to work in the areas of advertising and marketing may find just what they need in Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Marketing program. Learn more about the program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Marketing
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Marketing program is designed for students interested in the advertising and marketing fields.
Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Marketing program provides students with instruction in innovativeness, servant leadership, business skills, and entrepreneurship. Coursework also covers marketing principles and management, promotion and advertising perspectives and strategies, and marketing research. The program strives to develop responsible leaders who are effective communicators and analytical thinkers. The program's intent is to graduate students who are prepared to fill entry-level marketing positions in a variety of businesses and business levels.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Marketing:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- ECN 220: Introduction to Economics 4 credits
- ACC 250: Financial Accounting 4 credits
- MKT 245: Principles of Marketing 4 credits
- BUS 340: Ethical and Legal Issues in Business 4 credits
- ACC 350: Managerial Accounting 4 credits
- MGT 420: Organizational Behavior and Management 4 credits
- BUS 352: Business Statistics 4 credits
- FIN 350: Fundamentals of Business Finance 4 credits
- MKT 345: Buyer and Consumer Behavior 4 credits
- MKT 415: Promotion and Advertising 4 credits
- MKT 445: Marketing Research and Reporting 4 credits
- MGT 455: Production/ Operations Management 4 credits
- MKT 450: Marketing Management 4 credits
- BUS 485: Strategic Management 4 credits
- University Foundations (4 credits)
- Effective Communication (9-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in English grammar or composition
- Christian Worldview (4 credits)
- Critical Thinking (11-12 credits)
- Includes at least 3 credits in college-level mathematics
- Global Awareness, Perspectives, and Ethics (6-8 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
A bachelor's degree plus some experience can go a long way in marketing career promotion, but often a higher degree is necessary to more specifically define the path. A master's degree can often be what it takes to even compete for some jobs in the field. There are many kinds of master's degrees that can be pursued. Many master's degrees will focus on one specific aspect or marketing, such as communications or research.
Master's degrees that program graduates can pursue include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Science in Marketing
- Master of Arts in Communications
- Master of Business Administration in Marketing and Advertising
- Master of Human Resources
- Master of Marketing Research
There are many potential career paths for graduates of Grand Canyon University's Bachelor of Science in Marketing program. Large corporations, non-profit organizations, and small businesses all have need for someone with expertise in marketing, whether or not they have a job description using that term. Although graduates with bachelor's degrees will begin with entry-level jobs, experience can move them up the ladder.
Positions that graduates can pursue include:
- Advertising manager
- Marketing manager
- Promotion manager
- Public relations manager
- Sales manager
- Product or brand manager
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.