Ed.D. in Organizational Leadership - Organizational Development
Grand Canyon University's Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership program with an Emphasis in Organizational Development is designed to prepare students to handle the challenges that modern organizations face in this rapidly evolving global environment. Learn more about Grand Canyon University's Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development here.
Official Program Name:
Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
The Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership program with an Emphasis in Organizational Development is intended for students who are interested in developing their leadership skills. Though specific program requirements may vary, applicants to Grand Canyon University's graduate programs should have already earned a bachelor's degree.
Students enrolled in the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership program with an Emphasis in Organizational Development at Grand Canyon University have the opportunity to learn about organizational theory, structure, and behavior. The program is designed to offer students the skills needed to deal with the challenges that contemporary organizations face and to develop new styles of leadership and organizational methods. Students also study how toxic leadership can destroy organizations, the need for organizational accountability and governance, and the rising trend of value-driven organizations that are redefining the relationship between employer and employee by adding meaning to the workplace.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loan, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership with an Emphasis in Organizational Development:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- RES 811: Introduction to Advanced Graduate Studies and Scholarship (3 credits)
- LDR 802: Progressions in Leadership Thought (3 credits)
- LDR 800: Ethical Dilemmas and Stewardship (3 credits)
- RES 861: Analysis of Existing Research (3 credits)
- LDR 809: Servant Leadership (3 credits)
- LDR 825: Strategic Planning and Change (3 credits)
- RES 862: Understanding Research and Methodology (3 credits)
- LDR 804: Leading Across Cultures (3 credits)
- LDR 805: Innovation: The Last Frontier of Competitive Advantage (3 credits)
- ORG 805: The Nature and Dynamics of Organizations (3 credits)
- ORG 810: Leading the New Organization (3 credits)
- ORG 815: Understanding Toxic Leadership (3 credits)
- ORG 820: Organizational Governance and Accountability (3 credits)
- ORG 825: Leading Value-Driven Organizations (3 credits)
Residency and Dissertation
- RSD 851: Residency: Dissertation (3 credits)
- RES 871: Developing the Formal Proposal (3 credits)
- DIS 955: Dissertation I (3 credits)
- DIS 960: Dissertation II (3 credits)
- DIS 965: Dissertation III (3 credits)
- RSD 881: Residency: Presentation of Progress or Results (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Graduates of the Doctor of Education in Organizational Leadership program with an Emphasis in Organizational Development at Grand Canyon University may pursue more than traditional education positions. After completing the program, students could find employment at educational institutions, corporate settings, and government agencies.
Possible positions graduates could pursue include:
- Occupational development consultant
- Corporate trainer
- Education administrator
- College or university faculty
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.