Ph.D. in General Psychology - Performance Psychology
Grand Canyon University's Ph.D. in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance Psychology program is designed for individuals seeking to enhance their knowledge of psychological practices and theories specifically in areas of motivation and learning and their impact on performance. Learn more about this doctoral degree program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance Psychology
School Offering Program:
Grand Canyon University
Though specific program requirements may vary, applicants should have earned a master's degree.
Students are advised to inquire directly with their state if they intend to pursue licensure, as this degree does not lead directly to licensure in and of itself.
Program coursework for the Ph.D. in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance Psychology at Grand Canyon University focuses on advanced topics in human development, behavior modification, skill learning, and various psychological theories and schools of thought. Courses in the emphasis area address cognitive and emotional variables in levels of performance, motivation theories, motor learning principles, performance enhancement theories, and behavioral analysis methods. Other courses provide study in group behavior, personality theories, research methods, physiological processes in human development, organizational leadership, and professional ethics. A three-part dissertation process requires students to conduct extensive research and create an oral and written defense of a chosen subject in the field.
Financial Aid Available:
Federal financial aid, including loans, grants, and scholarships, is available to qualifying students. Students can find out about scholarships and other financial aid opportunities from a Grand Canyon University Enrollment Counselor.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance Psychology:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Grand Canyon University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- PSY 801: Doctoral Studies in Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 805: Advanced Social Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 810: History and Systems of Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 831: Foundations of Performance Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 833: Psychomotor Performance (3 credits)
- PSY 845: Doctoral Statistics (3 credits)
- PSY 835: Principles of Behavior Modification (3 credits)
- PSY 815: Ethical Issues in Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 837: Applied Psychology of Leadership (3 credits)
- PSY 870: Multivariate Statistics (3 credits)
- PSY 839: Performance Enhancement (3 credits)
- PSY 840: Personality Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 828: Advanced Life Span Development (3 credits)
- PSY 850: Qualitative Research Methods (3 credits)
- PSY 843: Program Evaluation (3 credits)
- PSY 847: Biological Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 847: Biological Psychology (3 credits)
- PSY 825: Advanced Research Design (3 credits)
- PSY 955: Dissertation I (3 credits)
- PSY 960: Dissertation II (3 credits)
- PSY 965: Dissertation III (3 credits)
After completing Grand Canyon University's Ph.D. in General Psychology with an Emphasis in Performance Psychology program, graduates could assume responsibilities for assessing performance in a variety of professional environments. They might oversee employee development, training programs, or evaluations in corporate settings, government agencies, educational institutions, or branches of the military.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Employee development director
- Performance improvement administrator
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at gcu.edu/disclosures.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.