Associate in Health Information Technology
The associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology offered by ITT Technical Institute is designed to help graduates prepare for entry-level career opportunities in areas involving the collection and maintenance of health data. Learn more about ITT Tech's associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology.
Official Program Name*1:
Associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology
School Offering Program:
ITT Technical Institute
Some programs may have specific requirements. To find out more about the requirements associated with this program of study, please request information from ITT Technical Institute today.
The associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology at ITT Technical Institute offers students an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills related to collecting, analyzing, monitoring, maintaining, and in accordance with established data quality principles and best practice guidelines. The program combines classroom theory with practical application in a laboratory environment. The program also includes technical basic courses, including, depending on the campus, strategies for the technical professional.
Total Credits Required†:
Typically 96 quarter credit hours (may vary by state)
Topics of Study for an Associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology:
Core Courses in the associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology may include, but are not limited to:
• Medical and Drug Terminology
• Introduction to Healthcare Record
• Release of Personal Health Information
• Human Diseases with Pharmacology
• Healthcare Data Sets and Specialized Registries
• Supervision and Personnel Managers in Healthcare
• Healthcare Statistics
• Healthcare Reimbursement Systems
• Utilization, Risk and Compliance Management
See the specific ITT Technical Institute's school catalog for a complete list of the courses included in this program.
The associate-level degree program in Health Information Technology offered by ITT Technical Institute is designed to help students prepare for entry-level positions involving medical records, health information, patient information and reimbursement. The objective of this series is to introduce students to principles, standards and best practice guidelines related to the collection, analysis, monitoring, maintaining, and reporting quality of health-related data in compliance with established regulations.
*Not every institute has every school of study or offers all of the programs within a particular school of study. Please refer to the specific ITT Technical Institute catalog for details on the schools of study and programs of study offered at that institute and the credentials awarded to graduates of those programs of study.
*1 Not applicable for the Philadelphia, PA location
**Go to programinfo.itt-tech.edu to access information on the programs of study offered at the ITT Technical Institutes, including, among other things:
- the occupations (by name and Standard Occupation Classification ('SOC') codes) that each program of study can help students prepare to enter, along with links to occupational profiles on O*NET (or its successor site) associated with the SOC codes;
- the on-time graduation rate for students who have completed each program of study;
- the costs associated with each program of study;
- the placement rate for students who completed each program of study; and
- the median loan debt incurred by students who completed each program of study;
- any other information that the U.S. Department of Education provided to the ITT Technical Institutes about any program of study.
†Some programs may have additional requirements. To find out more about the requirements associated with this particular program of study, please request information from the specific ITT Technical Institute campus today.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.