BS in Business Administration - Business Process Management
Aspiring business managers could develop leadership and organizational skills by enrolling in Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Business Process Management program. Learn more about the program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Business Process Management
School Offering Program:
Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Business Process Management program at Kaplan University is designed to provide a basic understanding of several business areas and functions while developing management, communication, and organizational skills. Students will have the opportunity to study quality management tools and processes, project planning and selection techniques, project scheduling and budgeting, business information system management, change management, and business process analysis. Required courses in the business administration major address managerial accounting, marketing research, business ethics, corporate finance, and operations management. The program emphasizes the development of problem solving, communication, and leadership skills.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
180 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete three terms of instructional time. Full-time students are expected to complete at least 36 credit hours within the academic year.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Career Focus Area in Business Process Management:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Business Process Management Career Focus Area
- IT 301: Project Management I (6 credits)
- MT 300: Management of Information Systems (6 credits)
- MT 400: Business Process Management (6 credits)
- MT 475: Outcomes Assessment and Quality Management (6 credits)
- CS 113: Academic Strategies for the Business Professional OR
- CS 121: Pathways to Academic Success* (5 credits)
- AC 113: Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR
- AC 114: Accounting I (5 credits)
- Choose one from the following (5 credits):
- BU 204: Macroeconomics
- BU 224: Microeconomics
- MT 220: Global Business
- MM 255: Business Math** (5 credits)
- MT 140: Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- MT 203: Human Resource Management OR
- MT 209: Small Business Management (5 credits)
- MT 217: Finance (5 credits)
- MT 219: Marketing (5 credits)
- AC 330: Managerial Accounting for Business Professionals (6 credits)
- MT 302: Organizational Behavior (6 credits)
- MT 310: Ethics and Legal Environment OR
- MT 311: Business Law (6 credits)
- Choose one from the following (6 credits):
- MT 355: Marketing Research
- MT 450: Marketing Management
- 300/400-level: Marketing Elective
- MT 400: Business Process Management OR
- MT 435: Operations Management (6 credits)
- MT 445: Managerial Economics OR
- MT 480: Corporate Finance (6 credits)
- MT 460: Management Policy and Strategy (6 credits)
- MT 490: Management Capstone Experience OR
- MT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Management (6 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Business Process Management program could enhance their skills or prepare to seek career advancement by pursing a master's degree. Obtaining a graduate degree could prepare students for upper management positions in a business environment.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
Upon completion of Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Business Process Management program, graduates could pursue specific types of management positions in nearly any industry. They could apply the management skills developed in the program to positions in information technology, project management, marketing, operations, or quality management.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Project manager
- Product manager
- Operations manager
- Information systems manager
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.