BS in Business Administration - Purchasing
Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Purchasing program prepares studentsto pursue careers in product distribution, logistics, purchasing, operations, or supply chain management. Learn more about the program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Purchasing
School Offering Program:
Bachelor of Science
Kaplan University's online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Purchasing program combines management courses with a fundamental education in various business functions. Students have the opportunity to develop a basic understanding of business information systems, inventory control, quality management, retail operations, and financial statement analysis. Courses are designed to develop communication, leadership, and decision making skills. Required business administration courses cover marketing, business math, global business, economics, finance, and accounting.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
180 credits. Kaplan University defines an academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete three terms of instructional time. Full-time students are expected to complete at least 36 credit hours within the academic year.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available for those who qualify. Aid opportunities include federal grants; military aid; and federal, state, and private lending programs.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Career Focus Area in Purchasing:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- 100/200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 100/200-level: Mathematics Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 300/400-level: Arts and Humanities Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Physical Science Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Social Science Course (6 credits)
- Open electives (59 credits)
- CS 113: Academic Strategies for the Business Professional OR
- CS 121: Pathways to Academic Success (5 credits)
- AC 113: Accounting for Nonaccounting Majors OR
- AC 114: Accounting I (5 credits)
- Choose one from the following (5 credits):
- BU 204: Macroeconomics
- BU 224: Microeconomics
- MT 220: Global Business
- MM 255: Business Math† (5 credits)
- MT 140: Introduction to Management (5 credits)
- MT 203: Human Resource Management OR
- MT 209: Small Business Management (5 credits)
- MT 217: Finance (5 credits)
- MT 219: Marketing (5 credits)
- AC 330: Managerial Accounting for Business Professionals (6 credits)
- MT 302: Organizational Behavior (6 credits)
- MT 310: Ethics and Legal Environment OR
- MT 311: Business Law (6 credits)
- Choose one from the following (6 credits):
- MT 355: Marketing Research
- MT 450: Marketing Management
- 300/400-level: Marketing Elective
- MT 400: Business Process Management OR
- MT 435: Operations Management (6 credits)
- MT 445: Managerial Economics OR
- MT 480: Corporate Finance (6 credits)
- MT 460: Management Policy and Strategy (6 credits)
- MT 490: Management Capstone Experience OR
- MT 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Management (6 credits)
Purchasing Career Focus Area
- MT 300: Management of Information Systems (6 credits)
- MT 435: Operations Management (6 credits)
- MT 441: Supply Chain Management (6 credits)
- MT 482: Financial Statement Analysis (6 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Upon completion of Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Purchasing program, graduates could continue their education by pursuing a master's degree. Many companies require a master's degree for advancement to upper management or executive positions.
Master's degree options for graduates include (but are not limited to):
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Management
Graduates of Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a career focus area in Purchasing program could be prepared to apply skills they might have developed in the program to positions in nearly any type of business. They could work in retail, product management, distribution, supply chain management, or manufacturing.
Positions graduates could pursue include:
- Operations manager
- Purchasing agent or manager
- Retail buyer
- Product supply manager
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.
Get your customized answers
Simply complete the form below to get program details, tuition, start dates, financial aid, and how to choose the right program for you.