BS in Liberal Studies
Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies program is designed for students who would like to complete an individualized course of study. Learn more about Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies program here.
Official Program Name:
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies
School Offering Program:
Bachelor of Science
Students enrolled in Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies program have the opportunity to create an Individualized Learning Plan with the help of a faculty advisor. While creating this plan, students outline their career goals and detail the coursework they plan to take while completing the degree program. Students choose one or two focus areas and incorporate these areas into the plan. This program is a degree completion program and is designed for students with prior credit.* They may be able to transfer in previously earned credits from an accredited college or university.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
180 credits. Kaplan University defines and academic year as the time in which a full-time student is expected to complete three terms of instructional time. Full-time students are expected to complete at least 36 credit hours within the academic year.
Required Courses for a Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies:
Degree program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Kaplan University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
- CS 123: Academic Strategies for Professional and Liberal Studies Professionals (5 credits)
- HU 245: Ethics (5 credits)
- MM 207: Statistics (5 credits)
- SC 115: Principles of Nutrition (5 credits)
- SS 124: Introduction to Psychology (5 credits)
- CM 310: Communication and Conflict (6 credits)
- HU 345: American Women (6 credits)
- LI 499: Bachelor's Capstone in Liberal Studies
- 100/200-level: Major Electives (15 credits)
- 300/400-level: Major Electives (24 credits)
- 100/200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 100/200-level: Mathematics Course (5 credits)
- 200-level: Communication Course (5 credits)
- 300/400-level: Arts and Humanities Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Physical Science Course (6 credits)
- 300/400-level: Social Science Course (6 credits)
- Open Electives (59 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
Furthering Your Education:
Graduates of Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies program could continue to pursue master's degrees in their area of interest, including interdisciplinary master's degrees or for programs in specific fields.
The career paths open to a graduate of Kaplan University's Bachelor of Science in Liberal Studies may depend on the focus areas the student chose. Entry-level careers could be available in many industries and areas, including the government, manufacturing sector, and service industry.
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.