PhD in Education - Educational Leadership
The Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Educational Leadership program is designed to provide learners with a research-centered approach to understanding modern day issues that school officials face. Read more about this exciting Northcentral University program here.
Official Program Name:
Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Educational Leadership
School Offering Program:
Individuals interested in applying to this program may be education professionals or administrators seeking a stronger understanding of field-specific organizational management practices. A foundation in education laws and inclusive teaching methods should prove helpful. Applicants to Northcentral University's online graduate programs should already possess a bachelor's degree; some programs may have additional requirements.
Individuals enrolled in this doctoral degree program have the opportunity to examine instructional practices designed to maximize student potential and performance, including those intended to improve literacy. In addition, the program is designed to provide learners with an overview of how school programs and instructors are evaluated for effectiveness. Participants will have the chance to examine legislation and regulations affecting instructional professionals. The curriculum is also designed to cover topics in resource administration, labor management, crisis administration, and community relations. Before completing the program, learners will have the chance to develop an original educational plan that could be adopted and implemented by schools.
Program Length/Total Credits Required:
This program may be finished in 60 credit hours. However, students needing additional time to complete final research studies can utilize a total of 75 credit hours.
Financial Aid Available:
Financial aid is available to qualifying students. Graduate students may apply for Federal Stafford Loan or the Federal Graduate PLUS Loan. Military personnel and veterans may qualify for special assistance or tuition reduction.
Required Courses for a Ph.D. in Education with a Specialization in Educational Leadership:
Program and course requirements are subject to change. Contact Northcentral University to confirm the most accurate information before enrolling in a program.
Foundation Requirements (6 credits)
- EDU 7000: Educational Research Strategies (3 credits)
- EDU 7001: Advanced Scholarly Writing (3 credits)
Educational Leadership Requirements (18 credits)
- Students select six courses from the following list:
- ED 7004: School Law (3 credits)
- ED 7005: Language Arts and Reading (3 credits)
- ED 7008: Educating a Diversity of Learners (3 credits)
- ED 7012: Educational Leadership (3 credits)
- ED 7013: Financial Issues in Schools (3 credits)
- ED 7014: Practices in School Organization (3 credits)
- ED 7015: Safety Issues for Educators (3 credits)
- ED 7022: Policies and Practices in Leadership (3 credits)
- ED 7030: Development of Organizational Leadership (3 credits)
Research and Statistics Requirements
- EDU 7002: Educational Research Methodology (3 credits)
- EDU 7020: Statistics in Educational Research (3 credits)
- EDU 7070: Advanced Statistical Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7701: Research Topic, Problem, Purpose, and Questions (3 credits)
- EDU 7702: Research Design (3 credits)
- EDU 7703: Qualitative Methods (3 credits)
- EDU 7704: Quantitative Methods (3 credits)
Comprehensive Examination Requirement (3 credits)
- CMP 9500E: Doctoral Comprehensive Examination (3 credits)
Dissertation Requirements (minimum of 12 credits)
- DIS 9501E: Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DIS 9502E: Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DIS 9503E: Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
- DIS 9504E: Doctoral Dissertation (3 credits)
Post Graduation Opportunities
After earning this Northcentral University degree, graduates could be able to seek careers with K-12 public, private, or charter schools. Prospects could also be available with local, state, or national departments, community education organizations, or postsecondary institutions. With doctoral-level training, graduates could undertake tasks in program evaluation, policy development, staff development, scholarly research, or instruction.
With a Ph.D. in Education with a specialization in Educational Leadership degree, graduates could be able to apply for positions as:
- School headmaster
- Regional public school official
- Educational administration professor
Tuition, Financial Aid & Start Dates
Since every student is different, there isn't a "one size fits all" school information. Start dates and tuition often vary between selected programs, and financial aid opportunities are unique to each student's situation. Complete the form to the right to get the most up-to-date and accurate information based on your selected program and circumstances.
Still have questions?
Complete this form to request more info and get your answers & advice.